chapter 12: new addiction

The rest of the school week went by slower than I would've like.

Luke and I didn't acknowledge each other at all. I mean, what's there to say?

After school on Friday, I go back to my dorm, change out of my uniform and pull on some soft sweatpants and a baggy T-shirt.

As I'm about to head back out to the student lounge,  Sara shows up at my door.

"Can we talk?" She asks me.

"What's there to talk about?" I ask.

I really don't want to have this conversation right now. Actually, I never want to have this conversation.

"What happened to you and Luke that left me and Calum outside of his dorm while you two were in there all night?"

"I fell asleep."

"No you didn't."

"How do you know what happened? You weren't even in the room,"

"Because you've been acting strange the past two weeks. You wouldn't make a big deal out of falling asleep at his dorm," she puts her hands on her hips. "I know you, Sam."

"God I hate you for knowing me!" I groan, stomping my foot. "Okay-um just come in." I say, closing the door behind her.

She sits on my bed and I soon follow her actions. I can't believe what I'm about to say is coming out of my mouth.

"Me and Luke had sex."

"Holy fuck." She whispers, looking at her hands that are sitting on her thighs.

"Honestly, it was alcohol. Nothing more nothing less."

"Have you two talked about it?"

"I hate talking to you about it, what makes you think I want to sit down with Luke and talk to him about this?"

"If you want me to be a good friend, you need to go talk to him."

"I did a few days ago,"

"What happened?"

"He came by my dorm and was stoned. He finished a box of cigarettes in two days, Sara!" I exclaim.

"Sam, you really need to go talk to him. Who knows what's gonna happen!"

"Thank god for you," I mumble, pulling on a pair of shoes before running out of the dorm.

It was just 7'o'clock so dorms don't close for another three hours which was good for me-and most likely Luke too.

When I walk down the hall where Luke's dorm is, I see a little bit of smoke pouring out of the bottom crack of the door.

I rush to his door, barging in to see Luke pacing the room, one hand in his jean pocket and the other holding a cigarette in between his lips.

"You're supposed to cover the bottom of the door, you idiot." I mumble, rushing to his couch to pick up a towel and put in under the door so no smoke gets out.

"What are you doing here?" He asks before taking another hit from his cigarette.

"Hello to you too, Hemmings," I walk over to his window, cracking it open to let the smoke air out.

"What do you want?" He questions, putting his finished cigarette bud into the ashtray.

I was hoping for more of an excited tone from him, but I can't ask for that when I haven't been treating him the nicest recently.

"I just wanted to say... I'm sorry for being a bitch to you these past couple of weeks."

"Nothing to apologize for." He frowns, pulling a new cigarette from the box in his back pocket.

"I actually think it's quite hot." He says, taking a hit from the joint.

I roll my eyes walking over to him, standing in between his legs to take the cigarette from his lips, take a hit before leaning in to kiss Luke, breathing out the smoke into his mouth as we make out on his bed.

Before anything serious happens, I crawl off his lap and stand up at the foot of his bed.

"You need to stop smoking Luke." I state.

"I would if I could,"

"What would get you to stop?"

"If you kiss me,"

"Luke, it's an addiction, kissing you isn't going to stop that."

"But kissing you could be my new addiction."

~*~

1K VOTES? HOLY FUCK THANK YOU

Hey, if i did an author q&a would you guys ask questions? (If so, comment some here!)

Thank you for reading! ilyyyy :-)