chapter 32: different

The week off of school is sadly over. I went back to school on Monday and Luke wasn't there. I wasn't too concerned because he likes to skip every once in awhile.

Once I'm finished with my classes for the day, I go get food before stopping by Luke's dorm.

I walk in and see him laying on his bed, clad in grey sweatpants pants.

"I brought some food, I don't know if you're hungry," I say, setting his food on the dresser before sitting down on the couch with my own food.

"Thanks," he mutters, running his hand through his thick blonde hair.

"Why weren't you at school today?"

"I just didn't feel like it. I wasn't feeling good," he shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You didn't miss much if that makes you feel better," I say, trying to make small talk.

"Can I have a hug?" He says, out of the blue.

"Oh um yeah," I smile, standing up to give him a tight hug.

I miss him. I miss seeing him how he was. When he was bright and bubbly and always energetic. It wouldn't take much for him to make me smile, but it's like something clicked in him and he just doesn't talk anymore.

"I'm really sorry, about being all mom on you," I say, still hugging him.

"It's okay, I understand why you did that," he assures me, brushing his fingers through my hair.

"I miss you," I mutter.

"I miss you too," he says, his grip tightens around my waist.

"Can we lay down?" I ask him.

He doesn't say anything, just turns around and lifts the bed sheet up and pulls me under the sheet with him.

He pulls me close to him and I lay my head on his chest.

"I love you, you know that right?" He whispers, running his fingers up my arm, slowly.

"I love you," I mutter, giving his bare chest a peck.

~*~

I wake up later that night and it's already dark outside. I hate sleeping during the day because I get so confused on what day it is or what time it is.

I sit up in bed, rubbing my eyes before focusing on the little light shining in the room.

I look over at the beautiful boy next to me, brushing the hair out of his face before pecking his forehead and standing up from the bed.

I put my shoes on and leave the room, heading back to my dorm

~*~

i have lost so much inspiration for this story i need help

can y'all give some ideas bc i am so helpless right now