■ She better watch out

Start from the beginning

My phone rang, breaking my thoughts. I gritted my teeth in frustration as I realized I wasn't gonna get some peace anytime soon. I picked up the phone, breathing and reminding myself not to lose my temper.

"Grey," I muttered.

"Sir, this is Ford Haysworth here. I was asking when will you be coming here tomorrow? According to that, I will schedule everything. Your arrival time wasn't informed," His over eager voice echoed.

"Um, 9:00," I closed my eyes, trying to fix a good timing, "Yes, do it at 9:00. Plus, I will need the details about your company and current employees emailed to me as soon as possible," I scratched my head, trying to think of any other things I required, "I would also like the list of clients we are currently dealing with and their employee history with us."

Fuck, I need a PA to do these shit. This is what happened when a deal was made at the last moment. Usually, these things were done long beforehand and not at the last moment. This takeover had been a very abrupt and spontaneous decision which I hadn't been too keen on. Gordon however, said it would be a good deal.

"Sure, sir. I will tell Allison to send an e-mail to you with all the required documents," He said politely.

Stop.

Stop.

"Who?" I asked again, not sure whether I heard it properly or not.

There were people with same name afterall.

"Allison. Allison Marshall, sir. My assistant. I will ask her to email the details by tonight," He said again, "By that schedule, I can hand over the papers for you to sign and-"

I didn't bother listening what he said after that because I cut the call and threw the phone away and stepped back as if it was a poisonous thing.

Allison.

Allison Marshall.

Allison Marshall.

Seriously?

Again? After all this time?

She works in...?

Oh no no. Not again.

This is too much. Fuck, fuck.

I had no idea, she must know by now that I had bought her company. Of course she would.

Damn! She had to work in this company? Couldn't she have found any other blasted company?

I grabbed my phone and logged inside facebook before typing her name. I had never once opened her profile to see how she was doing now after five years and had no intention of doing it ever, until now. I hadn't even thought about her since few months now. It was of no use.

I had to check if it was her.

Her account was tagged private and her profile picture was the sunset. But not just any sunset.

The sight from that damn cliff where we used to go.

Her status was also private but I could see that there was one thing not private.

"Works at TP industries."

Yes, that was the name of the blasted company I just bought.

Memories of her betrayal again started knocking on the doors of my heart and brain. A part which I had closed forever. Her infectious smile, her long brown hair, her blush, her eyes, those beautiful addicting sea green eyes that I loved once more than anything else. She was a liar, a bloody liar who was just a gold digger. She had wanted to enter the elite class of mine, that's it.

My hands had started shaking as I threw my phone on the counter, gulping down the remaining coffee. I rubbed my face, trying to clear my hand and connect the dots that could prove anything about the fact that she was working in my company and both of us didn't know about each other till now.

Well, I was in New York again. She was doing a job in a company. Unfortunately, in my company now. What were the odds, huh? I tried recalling about her studying business management but couldn't remember much.

What were the fucking odds, huh?

I thought she would leave New York and work somewhere else.

Apparently not.

I didn't want to buy the company anymore. I felt bile rising in my throat. I didn't wanna see her face. I didn't wanna go over all the hassles and awkwardness of meeting her again. It would affect our jobs too.

I would not sacrifice my career or professional life for her. It had taken me lot of time and pain to move on and I wasn't going to go over all of it again. I had studied my entire college life off, never dug too much into romantic relationships and stayed focused. Despite being my dad's son, I made sure I worked hard enough to earn myself the title of "Grey" so people couldn't point fingers at me for getting everything "too easily."

I washed the cup before sitting down and rubbing my forehead, wondering what step I should take next.

I picked the phone again and called Gordon to cancel the deal. But just as it started to ring, I cut it.

No. I couldn't do it. Somewhere in a deep corner of my mind, a part of me wanted to see her after five years now. I wanted to see how she was doing, whether she could accomplish everything she had claimed to do, whether she was happy or not or rather if I could still bring out emotions from her.

I felt this curiousity, this desire to see her suddenly now as I got to know she could be working under me if I wanted. Not because I loved her, no, but because I just wanted to compare how we both were coping with our lives. I bet she wouldn't even bat an eyelash. She was probably on her new prey. Faking everything with that even faker sister of hers.

I swear I felt like murdering that sister of hers. With Allison, it was disappointment. With Alice, I simply felt annoyed by her even though I didn't know her.

I could feel an adrenaline rush as I didn't know how to react. She was working in my company now. She was again so close to me. We might even meet if I could arrange something. Worst part was, I wanted to meet her after these years. This shameless curiousity was peeking its head now.

But I wouldn't show her that. I wouldn't give her any sort of satisfaction. I showed her my feelings and bared my soul to her once, completely at her mercy and she had done a brilliant job of crushing it to pieces.

I didn't wanna be that Jared again. Never. It was long gone.

Nobody deserved any sweetness. They ultimately manipulated and cheated you.

I would show her now I had moved on, and this time show her, her place. I was her boss now. The reins were in my hands finally. I could do what I want. She was basically at my mercy, her job and career.

I called Gordon this time, a slow smile spreading on my face as I thanked karma.

"Yes?" His voice groaned, "Don't you think its a bit too early to call? I am still sleeping, Jared. The meeting doesn't start in another five hours."

"Sorry. But remember the advertisement for the PA?" I asked without offering any good morning, the grin increasing now.

"Yeah?"

"Take it off, I have found my PA," I ended the call, the grin widening every second.

Allison Marshall better watch out. I was gonna make her life a living hell now.

Karma would be a bitch now.