four- Understanding Mistakes

Start from the beginning

He amused himself with the possible outcomes of that situation. He knew Ro was staring at him, but he didn't know why. Only the fact that she was reached his brain and a euphoric feeling filled him. More than anything, Mico wanted to hold her hand. He wanted his lips on hers, and his heart beating against hers. That was all he wished of her.

He also missed the times when they were younger. He remembered helping Ro learn how to ride a bike, and equally his denial of the action many times after. His heart throbbed with the memory, and he wondered if she remembered as many of the specific times they shared as he did. There was no way of knowing.

The van pulled up at school, and Mico decided as he got out of the car with Ro that he didn't care if he drove a mini-van. A car was a car, and sharing it alone with Rosalina was nearly a million times better. He turned his attention back to Ro and before he could stop himself he asked, "What are you thinking about?"

He wasn't sure if Ro would answer the personal question truthfully, but he'd figure out the meaning if it meant understanding her mind. She replied, "I'm not sure. I think I'm trying to understand our relationship, or lack thereof." He'd tried that many times, but asked, "How so?"

Ro explained breifly. "We aren't friends. We aren't dating. We aren't related. We aren't enemies. Neighbors isn't strong enough to describe the attachment, and lovers is extremely cheesy. I've run out of expressions."

Mico understood her, and in turn, began to think about it as they crossed the threshold of school. As they began to part, knowing they'd be thinking about their feelings all day, Mico contended himself with their silent goodbye. Their hands brushed and momentarily reached for each other, grasping and releasing their other half.

Rosalina met Ann outside her homeroom door, pulling her towards the bathroom. Her best friend didn't protest, but was confused. By the time they got to the space, Ro was dismayed to realize the blonde bitch who hung around Mico was there.

Ignoring her dirty look, Ro took Ann into a stall, shut and locked the door. She pulled out her phone and opened a blank message with no recipiant. She didn't want to chance anyone overhearing. Ro typed out how long she'd had cancer, and that it was in her cervix before Ann exclaimed, "No way!" Ro nodded, and was ashamed she'd waited so long to tell her best friend.

Ann's eyes widened and she asked, "Why'd you keep this from me? Does anyone else know?"

Ro whispered his name and that smile that carressed her tone made Ann smile in response. She was grateful Ann understood, and wasn't too angry or hurt. Her eyes watered and she asked Ro, "Can we make it go away?"

As Ro looked at her best friend before her, she stepped the distance between them and enclosed her in a tight hug. "It'll be okay," Ro murmured.

The five minute bell rand as the girls came out of the stall. Ro caught a flash of blonde hair go around the entrance. She'd eavesdropped, and Ro wanted to rip her hair out, but she didn't have time today. Ann wrapped her arm around Ro's waist, said hi to Mico on the way by while Ro just smiled at him, and Ann led the way to homeroom.

Ro noted that she looked in shock, but if Ann really knew what Ro planned with Mico, she'd be sick.

Alexia looked like she had a secret. She looked at Mico like he was the one who was keeping something huge. He didn't understand but her jealous glare concerned him. What the hell was wrong with her? His day went quickly, but near lunch, Alexia said something that made Mico angry. It made him furious.

"Heard ya knocked up your bitch?" With a smile on her face, she watched Mico's face drop and his hands curl into fists. "What?" He hissed, not at all amused by her choice of words, or the idea of him doing what his father had done to his mother in school.