Chapter 9

Five months. It's been five months since I've been seeing him. Everyday, I see him at the coffee shop. I've started spending my afternoons there more often. I felt like there was more to visiting this place now. I mean, he somewhat makes everything a bit easier, and I like the conversations we have. And I think he actually looks pretty adorable in his uniform.

  I opened one of the doors, being greeted by the aroma of coffee instantly. I walked over to the counter, smiling as I met blue eyes.

  "Morning."

  "Good morning, Kirishima-San." His frown grew, as he placed down a rag.

  "How many times do I gotta tell you? Ayato is fine." I shrugged.

  "That sounds a bit arrogant, but I won't give my opinion on that." He flicked my forehead

  "That's not what I fucking meant, idiot." 

  "That apron suits you. You look cute in it." I laughed. I watched as he untied it, before he slammed it on the counter.

  "Don't call me that." He growled. Touka shot him a glare, snatching it away. A smile crept onto her lips as she nudged him before she placed a paper cup and small paper bag in front of me.

  "Stop throwing a fit, hurry up and go to school." I paid for my breakfast, walking out of the shop with Ayato. I offered some of my sandwich, Ayato grabbing ahold of my hand as he leaned down to take a bite. 

  Two months. It's been two months since I last saw him. I find it a bit amusing though. He said that he's always nearby, so what happened? Liar. I've been going to school for the past week, yet I still haven't seen him. Touka even seemed curious, yet she never said anything really.

  "(L/N), here." Ayato handed me back my coffee. I took a sip, letting out a sigh as I finished the drink. I saw Hinami waving at me, she walked over to us.

  "Good morning, (L/N)-Chan." She smiled at me before looking over to Ayato. "Good morning, Ayato-Kun." He grunted in response, continuing to walk. I heard Hinami talking to me, yet most of my attention was on the next corner. I kept hoping that once I turned it, I'd see him again. But I never have. Not anymore.

  We went to our classes, Ayato sharing the first three with me. I sat down at my desk, Ayato seating himself on top of the one behind me. He leaned forward, resting his chin on my head as he draped his arms around my shoulders. He always did that every morning, since he was tired. I didn't really mind.

  I began reading a book, noticing a few people coming up to Ayato to talk to him. He simply hummed instead of replying to them. I heard some people snicker from a few feet away. I felt multiple stares on us, it made me uncomfortable. I tried to focus on my book, yet the feeling was overwhelming. I didn't like this. I didn't like them.

-

  I've made it through all of my classes by ignoring the stares people gave me. I felt beyond nervous from the moment I woke up, but I continued to dismiss it as the day went by. Yet it still lingered, and my anxiety continued to rise as I walked down the hall. I felt sweat forming on my forehead.

  It was the end of the day, I was walking towards Hinami's class.

  "(L/N)-Chan, hey." She gave me a smile as she waved to me.

  "Where's Kirishima-San?" She shrugged.

  "I don't really know. I saw a group of boys take him somewhere. He said he'd meet up with you in the art room." I nodded.

  "So, are the sessions alright? How much longer do you have to go?" Hinami frowned. She's been going to a therapist since being discharged from the hospital. Her appointments have been after school, so she hadn't been able to attend the art club. I've been walking her to the entrance of the school since the first day.