Chapter 8

As I opened my eyes, I saw sunlight spilling into the room through the curtains. I heard the door open, seeing a nurse walk in. She gave me a smile as she set down a tray of food.

  "Good morning, (L/N)-San. Did you sleep well?" I nodded. Looking around the room, my eyes landing on the flowers I received from Haise.

  "Where did Sasaki-San go?" The nurse looked at me curiously, not understanding what I meant.

  "Ah, you mean the officer from last night? He said you had fallen asleep, so he decided to leave." She let out a giggle. "Also, you'll be having another visitor in a bit." Her short hair followed her movements as she left. 

  I stared at my tray, beginning to eat. After a few minutes, I heard the door opening. I looked up, not seeing a person, but instead a large arrange of flowers. The person carrying them placed them at the foot of my bed, as I then met familiar blue eyes.

  "K-Kirishima-San...?" I hadn't expected him to visit me today.

  "I'm sorry, (L/N)." He sat himself down, messing with his hair as he stole glances at me. Upon further inspection, I saw that there were various small stuffed bunnies in the large bouquet, accompanied by a fairly large white bear. I looked back to him, feeling a bit embarrassed about receiving such a large present from him. "My fucking sister said I needed to make up for not seeing you earlier." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I was held up with Hina, she's also been fucking nagging me about seeing you." His blue eyes met mine, softening immediately. "I thought Hina was in bad shape, yet as I look at you... I guess she got off lucky..." He wore a large frown. "I really am sorry, (L/N)."

  "For what?" I could tell he felt guilty, but it simply made no sense. He had nothing to do with the incident.

  "I shouldn't have left you two to walk by yourselves, that was stupid of me." I shook my head.

  "It wasn't your fault, I simply didn't pay attention to my surroundings." I placed my tray on the table by my bedside, seeing Ayato sigh before looking back to me.

  "Hey, once you get out... Do you wanna go out for a bit?" I looked at him curiously, finding that quite random.

  "The doctor said I won't be discharged until next month."

  "I'll wait for you." He stared into my eyes for a few moments before standing up. He reached a hand over and tussled my hair around. "I gotta go see Hina." His hand lingered atop my head. "I'll stop by again, just think about it. Alright?" He walked over to the door, glancing at me before shutting it. I was dumbfounded after all that, it wasn't something I expected at all. I reached over to the bouquet, looking at the flowers while holding onto all the small stuffed bunnies.

  I heard the door open, seeing my older sister entering.

  "Who gave you that?" She reached over looking at one of the stuffed animals. "Did you get a boyfriend while I wasn't looking?" I felt a small smile tug at the corner of my lips.

  "No, it's from a friend." 

-

  I heard footsteps getting closer to my door, the sound getting louder with each passing second. Once it was opened, I saw it was Ayame. 

  "(Y/N)-Chan!" She rushed over to me, a look of distress on her face. "Are you alright, hun?" 

  "Himekishi-San, how did you-" I looked over to the door, seeing Haise give me a smile as he removed his cap.

  "She's your friend, right?" He walked in, stopping at the foot of my bed. "I thought I should let her know that you were safe." I looked away, feeling anxious.