Chapter 2

I wiped my eyes, not wanting to have any teachers seeing me cry. It would only make this more troublesome. I kept walking down the stairs, tripping as I reached the bottom. I let out a sigh, sitting on the floor as I stared at my hands that rested on my lap. I let out another shaky breath as I forced a smile. I'm happy. I helped someone find some form of happiness, so of course I feel happy. More tears began leaving my eyes, I felt my face begin to heat up, along with my head beginning to ache. Stop it, stop, stop, stop, stop it...Stop crying. You're such a terrible person, (Y/N). You can't stop thinking about yourself. You're so selfish. You're disgusting...

I rubbed my eyes again with my sleeves, strands of my hair began sticking to my wet face as I moved them back. I steadied my breathing a bit before standing up again, my ankle having a dull pain on it as I put some weight on it. I continued walking to the entrance, limping a bit when I picked up my pace. I had made it to my locker, changing my shoes as I fixed my coat. I still had to walk all the way home, so I might end up taking a while longer to get back. I pushed open the double doors, the cold air hitting my raw face, causing it scrunch up at the stinging sensation. I noticed how it had begun to snow, it was the first week of Winter and there was no sight of it so far, other than the cold temperatures.

I continued walking towards the gate, my walking becoming a bit staggered. The headache didn't help either, making me cringe at the pain. I began to turn the corner of the gate, tripping as my face was then buried in the chest of a stranger. I back away, immediately apologizing for my clumsiness.

"(L/N) (Y/N)?" I looked up as I heard the deep voice from above me as I saw a familiar face. My eyes met those of the police officer from this morning. I don't understand, how does he know my name? He looked at me worryingly, his eyes softening as he looked into mine. I quickly looked down to my feet, realizing that I must still look like a mess from crying. I stayed quiet, the cold intensifying as I stood there with him. I felt my eyes widen as I felt some warmth around me, it made me somewhat uneasy. My vision was filled with grey, that being the only thing I could see. "You were in such a hurry when you left, you forgot it on your chair." I raised my hand up to my face, pulling down my scarf a bit so I could see better. "I had a meeting earlier today, sorry I couldn't give it to you sooner." He gave me a smile. "I was waiting here for a while, but I didn't think you would take so long." His eyes still held a look of concern. "Even the students in clubs have already left, were you left to finish cleaning up?" I let out another shaky breath before speaking.

"How did you know my name?" I looked down. "How did you even find me?" I didn't understand, how did he do this? Why is he waiting outside the school for me?

"Chief Inspector Sasaki, Inspector, Urie reporting." The officer turned around, nodding to the purple haired male. His face was grim as he spoke, he was obviously irritated. "The perimeters have been secured, sir." He nodded once more.

"We have permission to enter the building once all the students have cleared out, I am awaiting confirmation from the staff. Please relay this to the others and wait for further instructions." The younger male nodded, seeming hesitant as he left. I looked at him suspiciously, not understanding what was going on.

"Why is the police entering the school at this time?" He turned back to me, another smile on his lips.

"We always do this before the school locks up, it's part of our job." He glanced at the school. "This was the closest school by the coffee shop, so I assumed you'd be here." He looked at me once more. "And the manager told me your name." His voice was smooth as he spoke, his head tilting a bit to the side. "I noticed that you seem to have a bit of trouble with walking, and seeing as you've already walked this far, I don't know exactly how much farther you have to go." His eyes were then directed to the sky. "It's getting late too." He placed a hand onto my shoulder, another smile being offered. "I'll give you a ride, alright." He walked me over to his car, looking over to the blue haired female that leaned against it as she ate some chips. "Yonebayashi, I'm borrowing the car for a bit, keep watch on the gate." She nodded, trudging over to the gates as she waved goodbye.