Chapter 1 - The Nervous Beginning

***BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ***

I hear my phone vibrate next to me. My leg is shaking so fast it starts to burn as if I'm running a marathon. I reach over and pick my iPhone up off the night stand.

***ONE NEW MESSAGE***

I shake as I unlock my phone, failing twice. I touch the message app and I close my eyes because I'm scared to read what it says.

I have been waiting years for this exact moment, I just imagined it differently, less shaky and nerve racking I guess.

I open one eye at a time and begin to read:
Me: "Travis, I'm going to be straight up with you. Okay? No more holding back. I have been madly in love with you since 8th grade. Remember that time you got 20 orange Crushes on Valentine's Day? Well, they were all from me. I don't know why I waited until senior year to tell you all of this but I guess seeing you hook up with all these girls is really getting to me. I really just wanted you to know how I feel."

Travis: "Damn Callie, way 2 wait 4 yrs 2 tell me."

I don't know why I expected more of a reply from him, but I did and now I feel like the Earth is collapsing below me. I wanted him to send me something cute, so cute that my heart would speed up and I would smile like a dork. He didn't though and that's how I knew my best friend, friend zoned me.

I sigh into the emptiness of my bedroom and start to reply:
Me: "I was always to scared and I have no idea when I got the balls to do it but I did lol. Anyways, what do you say?"

I send the message and check the time, 12:16 AM. Tomorrow is Monday and I know that I need to sleep but I know I won't be able to until Travis replies.

I throw myself back on the bed and sigh. I should not have expected much from him. When I first moved here I didn't really talk to him and he didn't really talk to me. Then we were placed in a group together and we just kinda got along.

I know how Travis is though and I know that he doesn't really date. He sleeps around and then moves on to the next girl. He's attractive enough that most girls would melt at the meer thought of sleeping with him and most of them don't even care that they don't ever get a call the next day or a second date.

***BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ***

I jump from the sound of my phone vibrating. I sit up and read his text:
Travis: "I don't know, I'm tired though so I'm going to bed"

My heart breaks a little as I read the text. I know he's not going to bed, he's ignoring the subject.
Me: "Oh Okay.."

I put my phone down and burry my face into my pillow. I try to hold the tears back but they slowly slip out of my eyes. All of a sudden I'm bawling and I can't stop it. I scream into my pillow and cry some more. I slowly drift into a deep slumber..