Ezra's Hard-Rock Addiction Pt. 2

October 31, 2017

This is still pretty trash so yeet yeet you've been warned

January 3, 2021

Happy new year, folks. This, to this day, is still mad garbo, so be warned. Younger me tried to make it "feelsy" and stuff but it just doesn't come off right? Lmk what you think. As I stated in the previous part, this music obviously does not exist in canon and won't for another 165~ years, so feel free to turn off the logic part of your brain and just read the haha funny hurt/comfort wholesome.

Later that rotation

Sabine had already turned in for the night, contorting her muscles into and elongated stretch and yawning as she strolled across her room and sat down on her bed. Her armor was long gone, strewn about in sections across the room. Though it was form fitting and literally made specifically to fit her body, a long day's... "work"... in the somewhat heavy beskar plates weighs a heavy toll on the body. After quickly changing into sleep clothes, she shifted and sprawled out across the thin mattress she called a "bed", sighing as the cushion conformed around her body and she sunk deep- well- as deep as she could sink, into it. It had been a long day already, and part of her wanted to just call it a night and drift off... but something gnawed at her mind, something relating to the padawan down the hall. The comfortable sigh quickly transformed into an angered groan, the young Mandalorian had been thinking of her chance encounter with Ezra early that morning the whole day, and until some closure was found on the situation, Sabine doubted the topic would fade away into long buried memory. He had such a beautiful voice, so gentle, yet powerful, a stark contrast to the song he was singing when she eavesdropped- er- heard him earlier. There had to be a way to break the shell the Jedi had formed around himself, to let the angel's voice free...

"What could I do to let him know that he's actually good?" She thought to herself. Sabine was, herself, no singer. She grew up listening to lots of underground Mandalorian bands and regulated Imperial propaganda tunes... not exactly Ezra's taste. From what she had witnessed, he was more of a hard rock kind of Loth-rat. She contemplated... the Mando warrior didn't have the range to hit AC/DC... No, that would be disastrous if attempted. Sabbath, Aerosmith? No, they wouldn't work either, those groups had the same high vocals as the former. Zeppelin, Maiden, KISS? Absolutely not, their music relies far too heavily on instruments, which Sabine knew how to play precisely zero of. The teen furrowed her thin brow, raising her right hand to stroke an imaginary beard as she evaluated her options deeper. What about covers? There had to be plenty of hard rock covers of different songs-

And then it hit her. The stroking of the invisible facial hair stopped as a smile poked at the corner of Sabine's lips, and an plan began to unfurl. In as silent of a voice as she could muster, she hummed the most famous part of her master plan:

"But if this ever-changing world in which we live in... makes you give in and cry... hm, hmm, hmmm... say 'live and let die...'"

Down the hall

Ezra was restless all day, completely jarred by Sabine's earlier intrusion and embarrassed beyond previous belief. His voice was his secret, one of the surprisingly few he kept from his fam- crewmates, just kind of a hobby that always calmed him down growing up on Lothal. His mother had an exceptional voice, it would always sooth him when he was stressed in his youth, he shrugged to himself as he twiddled his thumbs, he figured he had inherited her golden pipes. Lying in his bunk, clad in a plain white T-shirt and pajama pants, and while staring directly at the metal plate above him, the silence of the night was broken by his Lasat bunkmate.

"You really like her, don't ya?" Zeb asked. Ezra thought of something witty to say, or a topic to counter the question, but at this point, he didn't care. He wanted to talk about it.