Chpt 10: Bonding Time

"Where's Johnson?"

I ask Jack as he pulls away from our hug.

"He's in the studio. You know Johnson, a music machine that never stops."

Jack says laughing causing me to laugh as well.

"So now that you're back and it's about four there's plenty of time in the day to start the friendship bonding part of the day."

He says with a huge smile on his face, while heading to the kitchen. He's grabbing things out of the cupboards, which I can't see because his back is turned towards me. He puts popcorn in the microwave and then turns around. He's holding all of my favorite candies and chips. He has Sour Strings, Jolly Ranchers, Hershey Chocolate Bars, Potato Chips and Salt and Vinegar Chips.

"Buddy, you didn't !"

I say little too loud and excited. 

"Only the best for you.", is his reply.

The microwave beeps and he takes the popcorn out putting it into a bowl. He grabs all the other things and puts it on living room table. I continue watching him as he goes back for the popcorn and puts it on the living room table also.

"You know it's creepy to stare."

He says.

"I know but you know me and how much I love my people watching." 

He comes towards me and starts to tickle me. I throw myself to the floor to try to get away but he continues.

"Ahhh, Ja-Ja-Jack st-stop."

He stops and picks me up throwing me on his back.

"Jack put me down!"

I try to sound serious but I totally fail at it.

"You really wanna be put down?"

"Yes, I really wanna be put down!"

"Okay, fine of course."

He replies and then throws me on the couch while jumping on top of me.

"Ooo ouch. Ahh"

I say laughing. He puts his head in the crook of my neck. We stay like that for a while until he lifts his head up. We stare at each other. He rubs his nose against mine. He does it as if he is asking permission to kiss me. I want to kiss him. I miss his kisses but he has a girl friend. Madison. I have Nate, my first love. We shouldn't be this close. My heart is racing and I can feel myself turning red. He puts his forehead on top of mine, bringing his hand up to my cheek. He takes his thumb and begins making circles around my cheek. I'm about to give in. In fact I'm leaning in.

"Honey I'm home."

Johnson says as he opens the door and comes into the apartment. Jack jumps off of me and stands up acting as though he's looking for a movie to put in.

"Why do you guys look so red. It can't be that hot."

Johnson says when we come into view.