The hideout

Finally you get to the hideout it isn't the best looking on the outside, a few smashed windows, but when you get inside you feel more at comfort. As soon as you are inside Baston takes you to the leader of the Firefree who you find out is called Charles. Charles explains that he has been planning you rescue for quite a few days. You are surprised that he knew about you but you don't say anything as you are nervous. Then Charles tells Baston that he can go as he wants to speak with you alone for a while. He explains about the alerts. He says "if a code one alert gets shouted out the danger is not that bad whereas if a code seven alert gets shouted out our lives are in grave danger. As you can most likely tell the higher the number the larger the danger." You tell him that you understand. The last thing he wants is for you to choose someone to help you along as you are new and won't understand everything yet. He gives you the choice of either Tanner or Baston. You choose Tanner as you want to make sure he's ok and you feel bad for not choosing him earlier.

********************************
End of chapter 5. I know the chapters are quite short but it's just what fits together.