[39] He Saves You

hey guys srry i haven't updated i was going to but then my girlfriend broke up with me so i was in a shitty mood

and tbh if ur reading this stOP FEELING SORRY FOR URSELF YOURE NOT THE FUCKING VICTIM ok thank u

Obi-Wan

Your lungs tightened at the hot smoke that you inhaled, but there wasn't much you could do. You were swimming through a cloud of ash, blindly stepping and hoping that you wouldn't crash to the floor like you had only moments ago, for you had stepped upon the arm of a deceased civilian. 

You were weak, clearly, but you forced yourself to keep going and only hoped that there was an exit on the other side of this wall of black. Once again, your foot caught something (though this time you were too afraid to see what it was) and your legs shook under the fall. You were unable to move, and you finally accepted, with dread in the pit of your stomach, that death was about to drag you down. 

'(Y/N)?' A familiar voice called out, just as a beam of blue light shot up and shimmered around in the grey air. 

There was a glimmer of hope amongst the hot clouds, and you let out the only sound you could manage. It was a pathetic whimper, but he heard it over the thick silence. Immediately, he turned into your direction, using the glow of his lightsaber to show him the way. Once he found you, he switched it off and placed a mask on your face to match the one across his own. Suddenly, you were able to breathe.

He pulled you to your feet, and though you swayed dangerously under your own weight, he held you against his side protectively.

'I gotcha,' he reassured, holding you tightly. 'Come on. Let's get out of here.'

You were pulled out of the wreckage with minor physical damage, but the destruction of the village that you had seen was enough to scar you mentally. Obi-Wan was always there, however, and just the sight of his face or the sound of his voice was enough to get you through your day.

Anakin Skywalker

'Hey there. What's a young lass like you doing around these parts of town?' A gruff voice spoke out, causing you to lift your head from the datapad in your hand. Instinctively, you shut it off and pushed it aside to hide the information. 'Hey, I'm talkin' to you,'

'Business,' you replied simply, wanting to draw away from this conversation as soon as possible.

He lifted an eyebrow. 'Business, eh? I could show you a lot of 'business', that's for sure,'

At what he was implying, your stomach churned. At any other time, you would have drawn your lightsaber as to scare him off, but you were undercover and couldn't give your position away. 'No thanks; not interested.'

'Aw, come on,' he mumbled, suddenly pressing up against you and leaving you cornered against a wall, where you could now smell the strong scent of alcohol on his breath. You pressed your hands against his chest and shoved him away, leaving him a little unbalanced and certainly disgruntled. 'You shouldn't have done that,'

'I don't--'

'Now, darlin', we can do this the hard way or the easy way, yeah?' He spat again, eyebrows furrowed as he pinned your shoulders down. You struggled, but he dug his palms in further and you winced at the pressure. 'Your choice.'

'Hey!' A voice boomed, cracking the silence with a menacing tone that caused the man to turn his head instantly. 'Now, you're messing with the wrong lady,'

His arms went limp against your shoulders and he backed away, holding his hands up in defence. 'Hey, man, she wanted it.'

'Really?' The man stepped forward, now revealing himself from the shadows. You'd already sensed that it was Anakin, but the man had clearly underestimated his height and turned the corner quickly. However, Skywalker gripped him by his collar and threatened him. 'If I ever see scum like you again, I'll be the last thing you'll ever see. Got it?'