[10] He Sees You Crying

Obi-Wan Kenobi

'Come on, you can do it,' Ben encouraged, watching as you practiced your combat against holograms. There were so many of them that you were sure you were seeing double, but you managed to take a good few of them down until you took a hit. Obi-Wan sighed. 'Try again,'

Instead of listened, you pressed a button and your lightsaber zipped off, and you let it clatter to the floor. 'I can't, Ben.'

He frowned. 'Yes, you can. You must believe in yourself, young (Y/N),'

'It's too much, Master Kenobi. I'm trying my hardest, I really am,' you said, feeling your chest swell with emotion. 'I can't concentrate.'

Ben's expression switched to that of concern, and he placed a hand on your shoulder when he first noticed the glint of frustrated tears in your eyes. 'What's wrong?'

'I feel like I'm being pushed too hard. I'm told I can do this, and that I can't do that, and I always end up doing the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy training, I really do, but I was just abandoned by my family when I was sent here,' you sniffled. 'It hurts.'

'I feel your grief,' Obi-Wan reached up and gently wiped away the first tear that fell onto your cheek. 'You must clear your mind.'

'Don't you see? I'm trying, but I can't do it!' You complained, and he let out a sigh before pulling you against his chest, where you buried your head into his shoulder and held back your sobs.

'Everything is going to be okay,' he assured you. 'I'll help you get through this, okay? I'll never leave your side.'

Anakin Skywalker

Being the positive one you were, it was a shock for Anakin to walk into the bedroom and see you, head in your hands, crying your heart out. His mood immediately plummeted and he walked over and put an arm around your shoulder.

'Beautiful, what's wrong?' He asked, gently shaking you.

'Oh, Anakin,' you choked out, rubbing your eyes. You swallowed back the lump in your throat and looked up at him, and his heart shattered. He hated seeing you so distraught. 'My sister... she- she-'

'My love, what's happened to your sister?' Anakin took one of your petite hands between both of his, willing for you to talk to him but he was patient, knowing you needed time.

'She's gone.'

You needn't say anything else. He pressed your head against his chest and ran his hands through your hair, feeling your grief melt onto him as you sobbed. Anakin had dealt with the loss of his mother, so he could easily relate to how sad you were feeling right now. He continued stroking his hand over your hair until he felt you slump against his chest and your tears suddenly stopped. 

Anakin sighed softly at your sleeping state. 'Sleep well, my love.'

Luke Skywalker

The entire gang was celebrating on Endor, with small Ewoks bounding around and cheering, waving their staffs in the air as a fire blazed in the distance. The sky was filled with smoke, but the stars continued to shine through. You felt as if a huge weight had been pulled off your shoulders, and you finally felt the emotions that you had pushed down long ago.

You'd never really been able to grieve the passing of your father. You'd stayed silent, locked yourself away for a few days, but then returned and ignored it as if it had never happened. You began comforting others about their own losses and aiding them toward happiness. Somewhere along the way, you'd lost the ability to aid yourself in that direction, and it was really starting to take a toll on you.

So, here you were away from the celebration, clutching the leather jacket your father had passed onto you as one of his few remaining possessions. The clear air and the quiet night was enough to set you off, and the jacket, pressed against your chest, was dampened with tears before you even had time to realize.

'(Y/N)? You out here? Oh, there you are,' Luke realized, his voice approaching you. He suddenly stopped in his tracks, noticing the jacket in your hands and the shaking of your shoulders. 'Are you crying?'

You straightened up and wiped the tears from your eyes. 'No,'

'It's okay to cry,' he said softly, walking to your side to look at you. 

'Ugh, sorry,' you croaked, using your sleeve to dab the moisture away from your cheeks. 'I've just... well, I've never gotten the chance to really be upset about this,'

He rubbed your shoulder. 'It's fine, I understand. But why did you keep it all locked up? You know I would've been there for you,'

You shrugged. 'Guess I was just so caught up with other things that I never got a chance to think about it.'

Luke kissed the top of your head softly. 'I'll be here whenever you need a shoulder to cry on. Come find me whenever you feel like this again, alright?'

Han Solo

The tears filled your eyes as you watched Han struggle in the grasp of guards, his hands bound before him as he was shoved to a platform that would lower him down and freeze him in carbonite. You never got that emotional, but this was really hitting hard. The chances of his survival were low and, even if he did survive, you never knew if you'd be able to get him out again. 

Han slipped free from their hold and rushed to you. You reached and held him tightly, squeezing your arms tightly around his torso as you knew it was a high possibility that you'd never be able to hold him again.

'Don't cry, stunner,' Han hushed you. 'Everything will be okay.'

'No, Han, you can't-' 

Han was yanked back again and you smothered your cries by putting your hand over your mouth. Solo looked at you, his expression melting you and screaming his longing to reach and just hold onto you forever.

'See you on the flipside,' he nodded at you, and you just watched on as the tears fell from your eyes, trying your hardest to hold it all back as Chewie put a big, furry arm on your shoulder.