14|OLD FRIENDS

It was dark. Very dark, cold and damp. Her eyelids were heavy and she felt peaceful, unaware of her surroundings, her memories were just a blur. She felt every part of her body, as though a force was trying to drag it under the ground. She would have closed her eyes and gone back to sleep, but one thing was keeping her in reality: her child, whose body was on top of hers. He was asleep and she could feel his heart beat. Suddenly she felt the urge to see him, as she got the feeling that something isn't okay. 

She forced her eyelids open, expecting to see the sun shining through the curtains in her bedroom at Godric's Hollow, but there was no sunshine to be seen. No light at all in fact. Instead there was pure black all around her, darkness which seemed to go on forever. She felt her heartbeat as she started to feel fear taking over her mind. Where was she?

She tightened her grip, around her sleeping child, as she felt adrenalin take over her mind. She had to pick herself up, she had to get them away from this place. She forced her body to sit up, for her spine to hold her body upright. One of her hands travelled to her child's head, ensuring its stability. She looked around the -

"I wouldn't bother," said a familiar voice from a distance. Lily immediately stopped moving. She tried calming down her breathing, while standing in the middle of the cellar, remaining still, frozen from fear. She felt her heart pressing against her skin, and her breath escaping her mouth, warming the tip of her nose. She knew that voice. 

"Don't panic, I won't do anything, I'm not supposed to be here," said the voice. She heard the owner's footsteps nearing her. Lily felt her hand reaching into her pocket, searching for her wand, but it wasn't there.

"Stay where you are," she heard herself say, as her hand rose in front of her. The footsteps continued to approached her. 

"STAY WHERE YOU ARE," Lily bellowed and started pushing her body backwards, using her feet, but very soon hit the cold wall behind her.

"Don't you recognize me Lily? It's me, your best friend," they said and Lily felt a shiver go up her spine as she felt the person kneel beside her and take out their wand. Slowly a light emerged from it, blinding her for a moment. Soon her eyes got used to it and she was able to recognize him: Severus Snape.

"Long time no see," he said in a dull voice, as he got up and looked at her. She didn't respond, as her eyes were still wide open from shock. She could feel Harry's head staring to move, probably reacting to her nervousness.

"What do you want?" she asked. "Why are you doing this to us?"

"I am doing nothing Evans. As I already told you, I am not supposed to be here," he said.

"Then why are you here?" she asked confused, ignoring his use of her maiden name.

"Because I am willing to make a deal," he said and Lily felt his dark eyes lock with hers. He lowered his body again, with his lit up wand based between their faces.

"The Dark Lord has instructed Goyle to bring you here with two reasons: Information and your child, neither of which you would want to give away freely. Am I correct?"

"Y-yes," Lily said as she tightened her grip around her one-year old, while feeling her body starting to shiver again.

"And seeing that he does not care about your will, wishes or emotions, he will do whatever he wishes to get those two things from you. After he does, you will just equal as useless dirt, lying in his servants cellar. You will be only an object, which he will kill... however he wishes to."

"Thanks for telling me that." 

"I still owe you a life. I am ready to talk to the father of your child, so that he can get you out of here. Do you accept my offer?" Snape said bitterly.

Lily wanted to say no. She didn't really want her reckless husband barging directly into the hands of Voldemort himself, but then she looked down at her sleeping child, realizing that she will never be able to protect him alone. Her husband was his only chance. She looked up at her once best friend and hesitantly nodded, letting her faith lie in his hands.

"He will be with Black I assume," Snape said and she nodded. 

"But he will never listen to you," she told him, "except if you have proof that you now where I am."

"And how am I supposed to prove that?" he asked. After a few moments, she took off her necklace and gave it too him.

"He will know it's mine," she assured him and with that, Snape snatched the necklace, stood up and exited the cellar.

Lily curled her body up. She felt tears increasingly escaping her eyes, travelling down her cheeks on to her child's black hair. 

"I'm sorry," she whispered to him, "I'm so sorry."

Hii!!!! 

I hope you liked the chapter! It was so much fun to write, but somehow I had all those ideas... I thought it will be quite long, but then turned out not to be that very long at all:(

QUESTION: If you were in Lily's shoes would you trust Snape? I am really interested to hear your answers!

Please vote and comment to let me know you are still enjoying my work! 

Love you all! 

Lizzie