Chapter 31

• Justin •

The next morning, I dragged my suitcase downstairs and out to the taxi I'd called to take me to airport. I threw the suitcase in the trunk and sauntered back inside to say my goodbyes. Carter was in her room, still asleep. I wished I could go in and at least say goodbye, but I knew she didn't want me too.

"Bye, Man." Cale says, meeting me with a manly hug which somehow surprised me. "She still loves you, so don't think she doesn't." He tells me, referring to Carter.

I nod and pull out of the hug, blinking back tears. "Yeah. When she wakes up, tell her I'll miss her. A lot."

Cale nods as Mia and Aunt Marci appear, Aunt Marci running up to hug me.

"Have a safe trip, Justin."

"I will." I assure her.

"Don't lose touch." Mia says, giving me a quick hug.

"I won't." I flash them all a weak smile. "I should get going. Wouldn't want to miss my plane."

They all nod and wave as I make my way outside towards the taxi. My heart suddenly felt empty. I was walking away from the one thing I loved. The one thing that made me feel happy. The one girl that changed my life.

• Carter •

I sat on my windowsill, watching as Justin slid into the car seat of his taxi. I got to admit it, I will miss him. I will miss him so much. I can't even explain it. Justin was always there for me and I was always there for him. I've never loved anyone as much as I loved him. He pretty much changed my life. I don't think I could live without him. He's the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I automatically stand up, wiping away tears that had somehow appeared in my eyes.

The guy I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Everything just kinda hit me then. The fact that I've been too caught up in my own life that I was just absentmindedly pushing him away. The fact that all he ever did was love me like he should and all I did was let him leave without even saying goodbye.

He was the guy I loved. The only guy I'll ever love. Without him, life has no meaning. If I'm going to get through everything going on right now, I'll be needing him by my side. I'll always be needing him. Justin...

I didn't think. Heck, I didn't have time to think. I instantly began to run, out of my room and downstairs, knocking into Cale pm my way.

"Carter?" He questions, surprised.

"You're-" He begins to say but I cut him off.

"Drive me to the airport." I order. "Now."

Cale's eyes are wide. "What? Why-"

"Please!" I beg, becoming desperate. I had to make it there before Justin's plane left.

"Ok, ok." Cale says, giving in. I dash outside as Cale grabs the car keys without even asking if he can borrow the car.

We jump into his mother's Civic and Cale starts the engine.

"Why now?" He asks as he pulls out of the driveway. "Why does realization have to hit you now?"

I run a hand through my hair and sigh. "I don't know. I was being stupid and selfish. I'm nothing without Justin."

I feel Cale look at me. "What if we don't make it?"

I bite my lip. "We will."

He sighs. "Well, if we don't, you won't be able to call him and tell him you changed your mind. You're going to sound bipolar."

I shake my head and lean my forehead against the cold window. "We're going to make it. We have too."

• • •

About twenty-five minutes later, we arrive at the airport. I'm already out of the car and running towards the doors before Cale can even stop the engine.

"Justin!" I call once inside. "Justin!" People stare at me as if I'm crazy but I ignore him, my eyes only focused on looking for the beautiful brown-eyed boy that means everything to me.

"Excuse me? Sweetheart?" A nice voice questions, a hand falling onto my shoulder. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yea," I nod desperately. "What's the plane that leaves for California?"

The lady glances down at her wrist watch. "Sweetie, the plane leaves in five minutes-"

I don't let her finish. I make a dash down the airport halls, my eyes falling on every passing guy. None of them were Justin.

"Justin!" Tears were beginning to form in my eyes. I was too late. Cale was right. I didn't make it in time. "Justin..."

I run a hand through my brown hair and slow down. I was too late...

"Carter?"

My head snaps up. Across the hall, a very familiar boy stood from a chair and began walking towards me.

A gasp escapes my lips. "Justin!" I run to him, wanting to hug and kiss and apologize but he stops me, a surprised look not leaving his gorgeous face.

"Justin, I'm so sorry!" I begin to apologize. "I didn't mean to push you away. I was being selfish and putting my problems first and not letting you help and Justin, I'm really, really sorry. I love you. I need you. Just, just don't leave me-"

"Carter." A small chuckle escapes his lips and he tucks a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. "I have to admit you took me by surprise." He kinda smiles. "But Cart, I'd never leave you. Only of you asked me too. Otherwise, I'll always be here."

I smile and he wipes away my tears with his thumb.

"Always." He promises.

"I'm sorry." I whisper again.

"Don't be." His hands hold my waist and he pulls me close, his lips leaning down to meet mine. He kisses me slowly and passionately. Oh, how I'd missed the feeling of his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him to me, feeling happy for the first time in a long time.

______________________

Author's Note: Yay(: I've been waiting for this moment as much as you guys. This was a cheesy chapter but I've ALWAYS love those romantic airport scenes on movies