Chapter 10

• Carter •

"Where too?" Justin asks me, driving to nowhere in perticular. I sit nervously on the passenger seat, glancing around and hoping a police car won't stop us for any reason.

"Uh," I go through an a list of restraunts in my head. "Er, iHop?"

"Got it." Justin turns the car onto some other street. We don't talk the entire way. Mainly because I'm too occupied looking out for police cars to start up a normal conversation.

"You ok, Cart?" Justin questions as he pulls into the driveway at iHop.

"I will be when you get your license." I frown, scurrying out of the car.

Justin chuckles and locks the car, leading me into the Pancake House. "I don't think my mother's going to trust me much after stealing her car."

"Why didn't you just ask Jeff to drive you?"

"He had just left and I really didn't feel like waiting." Justin tells me. "Besides, why bother him?"

"You're changing, Justin." I say, taking his hand as we wait in line for the cashier to assign us our seats.

"Thanks to you, Cart." He smiles.

• • •

"What can I get you?" A waitress appears. She's tall and seeming to be in early twenties. Her beach-blonde hair is in a high ponytail and her smile makes MY cheeks hurt.

"I'll have two pancakes with hashbrowns and scrabbled eggs." Justin orders, still staring down his menu. "And sausages." He looks back up and waits for me to order.

I chew on my lip while looking over the menu. "I'll just have two pancakes as well and hasbrowns. No eggs, but I will take sausages." I pause. "And biscuit."

The waitress, Megan (according to her name tag) nods. "Your order should be here in ten minutes or less." She tells us before taking our menus and bouncing away.

"Hi." A young girl appears. She looks like she's 6, maybe 7. Her hair's red and up in two pigtails. There's a sprinkle of freckles across her nose and her eyes stare shyly at Justin.

"Are you Justin Bieber?" She asks him, her cheeks becoming rosey.

Justin back at her. "I sure am, Sweetheart."

"I'm Bree." She tells him. "Can I take a picture of you? I'm a big fan." She twirls a camera around her fingers nervously.

"Of course." Justin grins. I giggle, curiously watching Justin interact with the girl, Bree.

Bree holds up her camera, ready to snap a picture.

"Hold on." Justin interrupts. "You should be in the picture." Justin says, taking the girl's small hand and sitting her down on his lap. She blushes as he takes her camera and holds it above them.

"Smile." Justin tells her. They both smile and Justin snaps the picture. "Here you go, Sweetheart." Justin hands Bree back her camera.

Bree jumps off from Justin's lap, looking blissful. She looks curiously in my direction, still smiling.

"Is she your girlfriend?" She asks Justin.

Justin nods. "Yeah. Isn't she beautiful?"

I blush at the sound of 'girlfriend'. Does this make everything official? I guess it does.

"Yeah." Bree grins.

"Take a picture of us." Justin says, leaning into me, his cheek pressed to mine.

Bree's grin get's bigger as she holds up her camera and snaps a pic of us.

"Thank you!" She chirps.

"Nice meeting you!" Justin and I both say simutaneously as Bree hops away towards her parents at the other end of the restraunt.

"That was nice of you, Justin." I observe, smiling up at him.

"Yeah, that was nice of you, Justin." A different voice smirks. Justin's face pales.

"What are you doing here?" Justin grits, staring up at Jasmine Villegas who seemed to have magically appeared out of thin air. I recognize her from the girl who had done the interview with Ellen, saying Justin was only a player and blah blah blah.

"I see you've got a new toy." Jasmine smirks in my direction. "I feel bad for you, honey. You're just going to be another addition to his jar of hearts."

Justin stands up, his face red. "Leave her alone, Jasmine. She's different. I could never hurt her."

Jasmine throws her head back and laughs. "And how many times have you said THAT about a girl, eh, Justin? How many time have you told a girl you loved her but in the end it's all just a game?" Jasmine takes a step closer to Justin. "Not only are you a player, Justin, you're a liar. No wonder Selena broke up with you." She pauses. "Or maybe you played her too. Maybe you relationship was fake to begin with." Jasmine snickers and turns around, strutting away and disappearing.

I look down to see Justin's hands clenched and stiff.

"Hey?" I tug in his shirt. "Don't listen to her. She's the liar."

Justin slowly shakes his head and breaks into a run, exiting the restraunt.

"Justin!" I stand up and run after him, finding him sitting inside his mother's Lexus, his head against the wheel.

I slip into the passenger seat, throwing his a sympathetic look as I rest my hand on his shoulder.

"Are you ok? Justin, what's wrong?" I ask him. "Talk to me."

He looks up and notice a tear slip down his face. I reach over and wipe it away with my thumb.

"I'm sick of her." He mumbles. "I never thought she was serious when she said she was going to get revenge. But she's right. After Selena broke up with me, I've hurt so many girls. I never thought about it at first, but now I feel horrible." Another tear escapes his eye. "I don't want to hurt you, Carter."

I half-smile, leaning closer to him. "You could never hurt me, Justin. I trust you with my heart."

He smiles and cups my face in his hands, giving me a gentle kiss on the lips. "I trust you with my life."

_____________

Author's Note: Not the most interesting chapter in the story but after this one, things will get better ;] I have goal to make this more than 40 chapter... Will I suceed? Hope so!!! Comment Vote Fan!!!! This story is just getting started!! xx