Chapter 10 What Have I Done?

Taking in a soft, weary breath, you gently allow your cold foot sink itself inside the hot water of the bathtub, passing through the luxurious foam and reaching all the way down to the marble floor of it. The warmth of the water surrounds you almost immediately like a warm blanket and the rich aroma of lavender hits your senses like a huge tidal wave, allowing your mind to take in the sweetness as you gently placed your other foot inside the bathtub and sank in it, feeling your bruised body relax under the comforting embrace of the liquid. Closing your eyes, you let out a shaky breath, feeling the pain in your lungs subside a bit, before you lean back and rest your head against the edge of the bathtub.

'Is the water any good mia cara?' a sweet voice sounds from right beside you, as Gianna turns the faucet off and walks over to the washbasin, placing the various medical tools in a nice, careful row.

'Just as warm as I needed it to be.' You comment merrily, throwing her an amused gaze, but never failing to withhold yourself from chuckling 'It makes breathing a whole lot easier.' You say, making sure that the luxurious foam was covering every inch of your naked body underneath it.

'There is no better remedy for a wounded body than a warm bath.' Gianna laughs, with her heavy accent staining her words.

'I'm still trying to get used to the fact that you have to help me bathe though.' You frown, as she walks back to you and sitting on a chair next to the bathtub, she takes your hand in hers and starts tending to your nails to pass some time.

She laughed 'Noi tutti abituarci alle cose; we all get used to things.'

You frown 'I guess this is true.' You mutter, more to yourself than to her.

It had been only four days that you were inside the Volturi Castle and the way to salvation was really nowhere to be found. Not that you would be able to exploit that given chance even if it did so much as to flail its hands right in front of you and proceed with screaming straight in your face; you were in such a bad state physically –and emotionally- that even moving around was as painful as the blasts that gave you the said wounds. Managing to take only a few weary steps out of the gym in which your powers were put under testing, you would have completely collapsed on the ground from the pain and weakness if Demetri hadn't caught you right on time and carried you all the way to where the doctors' offices were, doing his absolute best to ignore your infuriated screams that ordered him to let you go and walk on your own; you didn't know what the hell his problem was, but there was absolutely no way to allow him to help you out, even if that meant dying on the cold marble floor of the castle. Still, his iron grip did not allow you to fall from his hands, not until he placed you on a medical bed and excused himself in order to let the doctor examine you.

And boy, oh, boy, were you beaten up.

The doctor that examined you, was truly surprised by the fact that you still managed to stay awake, mostly because of the severe concussion which you had acquired from both your fight with Paul and the two fights you had with Felix. Your bite mark was severe, but thankfully, was already healing, but the same could not be said about your broken ribs and broken left wrist; in fact, the blast you obtained on your chest not only broke most of your ribs, but wounded your lungs underneath as well, making it extremely painful to even breathe properly, let alone laugh or take in deep breaths. Needless to say, you were not so happy about it or for the fact that Aro ordered you to stay in your room no matter what in order to fully recover, not even allowing you to set a single foot out of it to get some food. The only good thing that came out of it though, was that you didn't get to see the two Voltur-doggies for a few days –even if you knew perfectly well that they were just standing outside your closed door- and the fact that Gianna was allowed to spend her time with you, becoming your caretaker by helping you move around, eat right and as it was revealed at some point, help you take long baths once again.