[35] A.M.

please vote and comment xx.

+

  Won't you stay 'til the A.M.?
All my favourite conversations
Always made in the A.M.
Cause we don't know what we're saying
We're just swimming round in our glasses
And talking out of our asses
Like we're all gonna make it (yeah, yeah)

                                          A.M. - One Direction

+  

I O N E

"It's lovely here." I mumble as I pop a crisp in my mouth. 

"Oh, I remember. I've been there with your  father. Such a beautiful place. What are you doing? I hear noise!" My mum, asks through the phone. I roll my eyes and adjust my cellphone on my shoulder. 

"It's just the telly mum." 

"Why don't you go out? You always prefe--" I stop listening to what my mum says as I hear several knocks on my door. 

"Mummy, sorry! But someone is knocking on the door. I'll call you again, probably tomorrow. Love you." I don't let her reply when I end the call. I dust off my greasy from the crisps hands and I look down at my attire. Baggy shorts, oversized shirt and a pair of socks. I huff in defeat and open the door. 

"Hi!" A nervous Harry, stands in front of me. His trembling hands rub themselves together as he turns his gaze to the floor, avoiding mine. 

"Uh...Hello..." I greet him back, rather awkwardly."What brings you here?" His eyes scan my body, the colour in them darkens. I step back lumberingly.

"I...I was bored and I thought it would be a good idea to hang out with you." He looks back at my face. "Am I interrupting something?" 

"No, nothing at all. Come in, make yourself at home. It's not like we're strangers." He walks past me. A whiff of his perfume reaches my nose and I catch myself stumbling a bit. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"I don't know...I've been craving crepes lately." He looks down at his tummy and pouts. My teeth imprison my bottom lip, desperately trying to hide the smile that thrives to form. 

"Okay, why don't you call room service? They could bring us some." I point at the phone lying on my bedside table. "I'll go to the toilet for a while." 

"Hmm..." He hums while nodding. I quickly make my way to the toilet, splashing water on my face, fixing my hair and maybe, spraying some perfume here and there. 

"Umm...Ione, you got a text." Harry shouts from my outside. My eyebrows knit together in confusion. I get out of the toilet and walk to Harry. 

"Who is it from?" 

"Colton." He informs me expressionless. I frown at the sound of his name. Harry hands me my cellphone. 

 "I miss you x." 

I roll my eyes at the text I just got and instantly delete it. "So you and Colton huh?" 

"No...I mean, yes. Well not exactly." I cover my face with my hands, rubbing my eyes. "It was more like a fling." As soon as I say there words, Harry's eyes darken. His lips form a straight line. The creases on his forehead giving away his tension. Soon enough there's a knock on my door. I quickly open it and a young man walks in with our crepes. After I put the food on the table, Harry turns around and looks at me. 

"So, what kind of fling?" I breathe out, while pinching the bridge of my nose. 

"He fancied me and I thought he was cute but we both didn't want a relationship." I shrug.He keeps looking at me. I look down at our crepes avoiding his eyes. "Our relationship was only sexual. Nothing serious. He was fun to be around. But that's it."

"Oh." He faintly exclaims. 

"Yes..." The tension in the room is so thick. You could cut it with a knife. I slowly chew my crepe, waiting for Harry to say something, but he never does. 

"So, why aren't you with Louis or Liam? Aren't they partying tonight?" I ask, after I swallow.

"I called Liam. He said that he and Louis wanted to be alone tonight. They're not the 'traditional' couple, I guess."
He falls silent again. Having finished his crepe, he sits on my bed, looking deep in thought. Not uttering a word.

We both call each other's names out loud, interrupting ourselves. A small smile forms on my dried lips. "You go first."

He smiles and takes a deep breath. "I...I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry."

My brows furrow in confusion. "For what?"

"Everything." He presses his fingers on the side of his temple. "Do you have any alcohol?" His desperate eyes search mine. I stand frozen in front of him, nodding.

"There's probably some whisky in the mini bar." My feet take me to the corner of the room. My shaky fingers open the square bottle and pour the brownish liquid in the crystalline glass. Ice clinks with the glass surrounding it as I give it to him. He swallows it down whole, without a simple hesitation.

"I needed that!" He whispers as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.

"What are you sorry for, Harry?"

"Everything. For giving you hope when there was none, and especially that night." He puts his head in his hands and sighs.

"What night?" He looks at me with an expression giving away that he obviously knows that I remember which night he talks about.

"You know exactly what night." He falls back to my bed, looking up at the ceiling. "I broke your heart. I don't think if I'll ever forgive myself." His words come out like a mumble. His eyelids close, shielding his beautiful eyes. Soon enough, soft snores can be heard.

I lie down next to him, softly pulling his hair out of his face. His angelic face, revealing itself to me. His chest goes up and down in a slow motion.

I lean up and place a soft kiss on his forehead and lying again, next to him, like the old days.

+++

Please vote and comment

The next chapters are gonna be "the bomb" so brace yourselves.

Steph xx.