[31] Happily

Please vote and comment.

follow the original 'Obsessed' playlist on spotify and listen to every song for each chapter or all, in order to get in the mood and into the story;

Name of the list: Obsessed fanfiction [h.s. au]

Username: stephanie.vl

+

You don't understand,
you don't understand
What you do to me
when you hold his hand
We were meant to be
but a twist of fate
Made it so we had to walk away...

                  Happily -One Direction

+

H A R R Y

-six months later-

"What the bloody hell do you want?" I groan as I wipe the sleep off my eyes. My vision tries to adjust to the darkness surrounding me. I glance at the digital clock on my nightstand. 2:00 A.M.

"Liam Proposed, Harry! We're engaged!" Louis, screams in my ear. My eyes go wide. The side of my lips, twitches. A large grin forms on my face. My hand comes to my forehead, messaging it and trying to digest what I just heard. "Harry, mate? Are you okay?"

"Congratulations! Oh, my God, I'm so happy about you two. I can't believe it. When did he propose? How?" So many questions are trying to come out of my lips at once, which leads to jumbled words, being vomited from within.

"I can't tell you. I sneaked out to call you because I'm way too excited to keep this to myself. I'll tell you everything tomorrow. Because tomorrow, my friend, we're celebrating!" He giggles. He sounds so happy, and somehow my mood lifts just by listening to him rumbling about his excitement and eagerness to marry the love of his life. "Sorry, for waking you up, mate."

"No, don't apologise. I'm happy for you and Liam. I hope everything goes well." I smile at myself, still in a room with no one but myself, surrounded by darkness. "Goodnight."

"Oi, night mate!" He cheerfully screams. I let my phone on my nightstand and get out of my bed. My bare feet, come in contact with the sleek wood, beneath me. My palms grip the kitchen sink. Since when, living alone felt so lonely?

+

"Ah, Harry. "

"Hi, Niall. " I embrace my bubbly friend.

"I kinda lost ya. How have you been? " He pats my shoulder and offers me a beer while waiting for the rest to come.

"Bloody Uni. Mate all these assignments are driving me mad." I rub my face with my hands, feeling the desperation seeping in my skin.

"Me too. It's crazy. Well at least Ione helps me in English." Her name tugs at my heart stings. My gaze gets lost in the cloudy sky.

"Yeah, she was always good in English." I force my lips to form a smile. "How is she?" My eyes lower to where my hands hold the semi-cold beer bottle with the small water droplets running down the dark green glass, soaking the wooden table.

"She- she's good. Yeah, good." He hesitates. He avoids my eyes, his voice gives away his discomfort. "So any news from Mark and Rachel?"

"No, I haven't talked to them in a while. But last time I talked to Mark, he told me they settled in New York and they're both doing great in their studies." He nods. "What about, you and Jane?"

"We're great. The distance is a bit of a bummer but in general we're good. I'm visiting her next weekend. I honestly can't wait." The sweet and loving smile growing on his face is quite the spectacle. I rest my back in my chair and sip on my beer, only listening to the melody of the folk songs, softly playing from the speakers.

A gush of fresh, chilly air comes in contact with my flesh, making my head turn to the door. A smiley, Liam and a glowing, Louis walk through the entrance. Both Niall and I rise from our seats. I immediately take Liam in a tight hug. "Congratulations." He smiles at me. "I have so much respect for you right now." I laugh. Liam furrows his eyebrows.

"And why is that?"

"Because you committed to this one." I point at, Louis, who's currently speaking to Niall. "He can be a handful sometimes... Well... Most of the times." I joke and Liam laughs with his heart. My laughter though, stops as soon as I feel a fist colliding with my arm.

"I heard that." Says, Louis. I look at him humourously, a smirk forming on my lips with every second that passes.

"How? You were speaking to Niall!"

"I have a lot of talents you don't know." He shrugs his shoulders. I roll my eyes and take him in a hug.

"I'm so happy for you." His eyes look glassy and filled with emotion. A sweet smile forms on his lips. He looks overwhelmed with emotions. I shake him by his shoulders and he laughs.

"I'm good. Just a tad emotional. That's all."

"Hello." I hear an unknown, male voice saying. "Oh, hi. Colton right?" Asks Liam. My body turns around in curiousness. My eyes come in contact with a tall man, shaking Liam's hand. Next to him stands, Ashley greeting Liam with a beaming smile. I hug Ashley and shake 'Colton's' hand, giving him a polite smile.

"Sorry, I'm late." A very familiar voice rings in my ears. My head snaps to where she comes from, trying to tame her hair. She strides to where we all stand, wearing a sweet smile. My heart leaps in my chest but eventually sinks down to the pit of my stomach as soon as I see that guy kissing her lips and caressing her back. Her lips move slowly, faintly touching his ear and whispering something I'll never know.

She hasn't noticed me. I take a step back and sit back to my chair, taking a generous sip of the lukewarm beer. I need something stronger.

They all come and sit all around the table, cheerfully chatting. I feel her eyes on me. I look at her. Her pretty eyes and face. I feel Niall's hand squeezing my shoulder in sympathy, but even then I don't move my eyes from her. "How are you, Ione?" My voice comes out weak. I curse myself.

She's taken aback, I can tell. Her juicy lips open and close softly without making a sound. She places a small content smile on her lips and nods. "I'm good. A little tired with University but still good." And somehow her confession twists the knife that was already splitting my heart in half.

"Okay Harry, we want to ask you something." Liam announces. My eyes let go of her and focus solely on Liam. "Do you want to be our best man?" His hopeful puppy like eyes put a spell on me that somehow makes me agree even if I wanted to say 'no'

"Uh, sure." I smile.

"Great because, Ione has already agreed in being the maid of honour." My eyes go wide as I glance at her, having the exact same expression as me.

Hopefully this is going to turn out good.

+++

Steph xx.