[32] More Than This

Please please vote and comment xx.

+

  When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight,
It just won't feel right,
'Cause I can love you more than this, yeah,
When he lays you down,
I might just die inside,
It just don't feel right,
'Cause I can love you more than this,
Can love you more than this

                           More Than This - One Direction

+  

"Harry, you can't keep doing that." 

"I wanna know, Niall! Why not?" My fingers run through my matted hair.

"It's been almost three months since you saw her with Colton, get over it." He huffs, clearly tired with my behaviour. 

"Niall, you don't understand--"

"No, Harry I get it. You're in love, you messed up and it's time to pick up the pieces and move forward, even if that's with Ione, in your life or not." I don't make a sound, my eyes stay focused in the girl strolling outside the cafe I'm sitting, enjoying my iced tea. Even though the summer in England is rarely warm, this one made me, regret not visiting my sister in Australia.

"Ione!" I shout, my phone, long forgotten on the wooden table, leaving Niall, wondering what happened and why I left in such a rush. "Ione, wait!" I finally reach her and my hand wraps around her arm, twisting her around, making her almost fall onto my chest. She blinks rapidly, trying to find her balance. My hands grab her by her shoulders to stabilize her. "Easy, there" I whisper softly in her hair. I feel her body trembling with the sound of my voice and our close proximity. I missed her smell.

"Harry..." she breathes, so faintly, I hardly hear her. My heart flutters in my chest after hearing her saying my name after so long.

"Hey!" I smile. Her beautiful eyes lift their gaze to look into mine. A small smile adorns her lips. We stay still for God knows how long. Just staring at each other. I slowly wake up from her trance and let go of her. Desperately trying to hide the blush, climbing from my neck to my cheeks. "So, what are you doing here? Walking in such a hot afternoon?"

She shakes her head an chuckles at my lame attempt to start a conversation. "I went to buy some things for the wedding, Since it's too soon."

"Soon?" 

"Yes, I got a text from Liam earlier, he wants us to meet him and Louis at their place later." She furrows her eyebrows, "didn't you get a text?"

"I...uh...I don't know, I left my phone inside." I point at the cafe next to us and the table with my phone, lying on top of it. "Would you mind joining me, at least, until it's time to go an see the lads."

She seems hesitant, looking around for something to probably save her from her misery. My heart sinks at the thought of her not wanting to be near me anymore. "Yeah, okay. I have time." If anyone could see what happened to me as soon as she said these words would be ecstatic. Fireworks, music and colourful lights.

We both walk in and I lead her to where I was previously sitting. Just before I saw her and ran after her like a lost puppy. Maybe, I indeed am pathetic. "So what do you fancy drinking this fine, yet hot afternoon?"

"A chocolate milkshake, maybe." She sweetly smiles. 

"Be right back!" I announce and literally run to the girl behind the counter to give her Ione's order. The red head finishes the drink and hands it to me. "Thank you." I politely say and hand her the money and a tip.

"Here." I hand the milkshake to Ione. She looks at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"Did you pay for it?"

"Uh...yes?"

"Harry! I could have paid myself." She whines. A big smile finds my lips. Ione keeps rumbling but I don't pay attention to that. The situation we're in, captures all my attention. It's like we turned back time, to where we were still friends and I was climbing in her room, and we were going together at school, almost every day. It reminds me how everything used to be before I f.ucked up. 

"I missed you." I blurt out. Ione immediately stops. She stays frozen. She looks down on her drink without moving. My anxiety starts to dangerously rising. 

"I missed you too." She whispers and I'm not sure if she really said it or my mind likes playing tricks on me. But when I see her looking at me with that look in her eyes. I know that she was the one that let these words out of her mouth. I open my lips and close them again, already regretting what I was about to say. 

"I think we should go to the boys." She announces. She takes her bag in her dainty hands and flicks her hair out of her face. Her flowery perfume swirls in my nose filling me with a feeling I can't quite pin point. It's comforting, something I've got used to, something that I seek in everyone. Maybe it's the familiarity of the person you consider as home, or something between these lines.

"Ione I..." She turns around an looks at me. Waiting. I can't do this. Not right now, not so soon. "I...I'll drive us there, if it's not a problem."

"No, of course not." She smiles. Nice save.

+

"So?" I fold my arms as I'm resting in the sofa, looking over Liam and Louis who don't know how to announce what they want.

"You called us here for something. Right?" 

"Yes, I just don't know how to say it." Louis rubs his hands in nervousness. My patience is wearing thin. I inhale deeply, savouring the smell of coffee floating around the flat. My leg is bouncing up and down, counting down the seconds I have until I am once again alone with Ione.

"Is it bad?" She asks, her arms resting on her knees. 

"Not, exactly." Louis gives a half smile. 

"For the love of God, Just bloody say it!" I groan as I let my head fall back on the cushions surrounding the sofa. 

"Okay, I'll say it." Liam rises up. "The wedding is in two weeks." He quicly says and sits down again, taking deep breaths, Louis, messaging his shoulders, trying to relieve the tension.

My eyes are wide, my mouth is wide open, same with Ione. "You have to bloody joking!"

"No, please don't be mad. Here let me explain," Louis tries to calm me down. "When Liam proposed, the following week he flew to Dublin, remember?" I nod, waiting for him to continue. "He told me he was going to visit a cousin he had there, whom I had no idea of since they were never very close. I didn't question it further though." He takes a deep breath. "The truth is that he organised the wedding while he was there. So now the wedding is in two weeks. In Dublin." 

"Oh, bollocks!" I blurt out. "You should have notified us earlier." I tag at my hair. "What about the guests? The tickets? Where are we staying? I don't have much money for a week in Dublin, Louis!" I breathe in and out. Ione scoots closer to me, rubbing my back. I'm quite surprised at her touch but right now I have no time for that, even if I want to.

"Liam has it all under control. His parents insisted in paying everyone's accommodations and plane tickets." 

"Everyone's?" I ask, almost out of breath.

"It's not like they can't." Louis comments and I chuckle.

"You're lucky, I love you. Bastards!"

+++

Heeeelooo hope you like it. Please vote and comment. I swear I see reads and people voting but nobody commenting. That's upsetting. 

Steph xx.