Chapter 34.

Hunter's PoV

"Why am I such an idiot?" I screamed at no one in particular as I watched Grace and Kyle driving away. I kicked an empty soda can and sent it flying through the parking lot. I need to let my frustration out and fighting with that guy didn't help my case at all.

I angrily stormed out of the police station and I made my way home. I didn't even bother to go take my car back from the bar. I'll take it tomorrow as I'm in no state to drive.

I buried my fisted hands deep into my pockets as I cursed at myself. Everything would've worked out if I was just honest from the start, but no, I had to do things behind my girlfriend's back.

Ex-girlfriend, my stupid brain reminded me.

I let out a frustrated growl as I thought about how I let Grace go. She was the only girl who I cared about deeply but I had to mess it up. I always mess things up.

She was the only good thing in my fucked up life.

Before I could cuss at myself some more, I reached the familiar front yard of my house. It was eerily quiet since my Mom was working the night shift at the hospital. She's a nurse and her working hours were different from time to time. I barely see her around the house, but at rare occasions when I do see her, I make sure to spend as much time with her as possible.

She's been my rock and honestly, I can't imagine what I'd do or where I'd be without her.

I rummaged through my pockets for the house keys and once I found them, I went in and took off my shoes in the hallway.

I took a quick shower, feeling drained after today's events. I laid down on my bed and soon enough, I dozed off.

*~*~*

It's been a week since I last saw Grace and lately, she has been the only thing on my mind. I tried leaving her voicemails after we broke up but she never responded.

I do know for a fact that she still cares about me, because if she didn't, she wouldn't have come to bail me out that night.

There were days where I wanted to go see her, explain everything and beg for her to take me back. But as soon as I had made up my mind to do it, I chickened out.

What if she hates me? What if I scare her away and I could never fix what we had anymore?

These questions rang in my mind every time I gather the courage to tell her everything.

I recalled the time when I took her to my uncle's toy factory. The light in her eyes when we played around made me fall for her even more.

Her innocence made me crave her even more.

She contradicts my bad boy persona and I couldn't help but be drawn to her, even though I knew I didn't deserve her.

The way that she would worry over little things, the way that she cares too much, the way she opened up her heart for someone as worthless as me. These were the things that made me so addicted to her. She was like a drug that I couldn't get enough of. She's bad for me because I lose my sense of reality when I'm with her, but also the best thing to ever happen to me. She actually makes me want to try harder to become someone that's worthy of her.

Ever since she broke up with me, I've been going back to my old ways; drinking, getting in fights, the usual. I barely make it to school and when I do, one look at her sad face knowing I made her feel that way, made me feel ashamed of myself so I would just skip school to avoid seeing her upset over someone like me.

I didn't deserve her.

She would find someone who would love her unconditionally, who would treat her like the precious gem that she is, who wouldn't have to hide things from her, who didn't have such a shitty past. But as I thought about some other guy doing all those things for her, my blood boiled.

I got up from my bed and punched my concrete wall, leaving a bloody mark on my knuckles. I didn't care, however. I needed to feel pain so that I could stop thinking about Grace.

I slumped down to the floor and fisted my hair. This is killing me.

Watching the only girl I've ever loved slip away from me, is killing me. Especially since it was my fault.

Maybe I should fight for what I want. I couldn't let her be loved by someone else. I'm the one that's supposed to love her. I'm the only one who's supposed to make her smile, even on her bad days. I'm the only one who's supposed to pick her up when she's feeling down, kiss her and promise her that everything will be okay, and even if they're not, I'll make sure that they are even if I die trying.

In that moment, I realised that there's still a chance for me to do all that. If I could find the courage to explain to her about everything, she'd understand.

She'd understand because that's the kind of girl she is. And even if she doesn't accept it, at least I'd know that I tried. She needs to know because I need her.

I need her more than I need air to breathe.

I may not be able to change my past but I sure as hell can shape my future.

With her.

With Grace.

Just hold on, Princess. I promise I'll make things better for us.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wow, this chapter was legit hard for me to write. I'm not really happy with it but I promised you guys I'd write it so, here it is.

Sorry if it's disappointing :( I tried.

Much love,
❤Fenny❤