Chapter 30.

"I can't believe he's still ignoring you. Maybe you scared him away with your weird dream?" Zoe commented thoughtfully. I shrugged and continued watching the football players practicing for their game on Friday. Zoe had dragged me to the bleachers to watch some 'hot guys toss a ball around a field'. Her words, not mine. I had rolled my eyes at her cunning antics because I knew she wanted to watch Kyle.

"Seriously though, what is going on with him?" She continued, barely noticing that I wasn't paying her full attention.

"I already asked him and he didn't mention anything out of the ordinary, so I wouldn't know," I shrugged nonchalantly, but deep down, I was worried. And dare I say it, suspicious.

I brushed off those thoughts when I heard Kyle calling out to us from the field. We waved at him and I'm pretty sure he shot Zoe a wink. I turned to smirk at Zoe, who had a tint of pink gracing her cheeks and the tips of her ears.

"What?" She said, fighting off the smile that was forming on her lips.

"Nothing. It's just that, I've been noticing some things," I emphasised the word and cocked my eyebrow. She turned away from me and muttered —"I don't know what you're talking about,"— under her breath.

"Of course you don't, silly. That's why I am going to tell you about these things," I said innocently. This time, it was she that raised a perfect eyebrow up at me.

"Is it that obvious?" She muttered and hid her face in her hands. To be honest, I've never seen Zoe get so shy about a boy before. "No. A leprechaun actually tipped it off," I deadpanned. She gave me a flat look, obviously not appreciating my sarcasm.

"But seriously, Zo. The signs were all there. You obviously like him and he likes you too. So what's the hold up?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why aren't you guys dating yet? I mean, I can actually feel the sexual tension between you two."

"Oh shut up. But, I don't know. Isn't it going to be weird, though?"

I gave her a confused look. "Why would it be weird?"

"You know, because you guys went out before and-"

"-woah! Stop it right there. We didn't go out, or maybe we did, but it was completely platonic, at least for me it was," I interrupted her.

She gave me a sheepish smile before speaking, "Are you sure it's okay?"

"Of course, Zo. Trust me, there will be no awkwardness between us. Unless you start making out in front of me, because that's just gross." I scrunched up my nose to tease her more and she gave my shoulder a nudge.

We both audibly sighed and then turned to each other, bursting out into laughter. I swear, we're too weird sometimes.

"What's so funny, girls?" Kyle's voice reached us as he climbed up the bleacher steps.

"You," I replied.

"What's so funny about me?" He said as he stood in front of Zoe.

"The fact that you look like a pig drenched in sweat right now," I snickered and Zoe slapped my arm in his defense. "Ouch, what was that for?"

"You were being rude."

"Please, I was just teasing him" — I turned to Kyle and said, — "Learn to control your violent woman."

"She's not my woman."

"Shut up, Grace."

Both of them spoke at the same time and I just sat back, arms folded on my chest and a huge grin on my face.