"And?"

"Well... I found something a bit, um, for lack of better word, interesting." As soon as she finished her sentence, she heard light footsteps coming down the hall, followed by a chorus of laughter that she recognized as Yoongi and Seokjin's voices. She jolted in surprise, eyes wide and glossed over with fear and worry as the pair passed by the room.

Out of the corner of his eye, Yoongi spotted the figures in the room, and spared a glance at Hyerin mid-laugh, and he froze. The traces of happiness had drained out of his face, the tiny flicker of shock and awe almost immediately replaced by a darkened expression that suited his stiffened shoulders as soon as he recognized the notebook in Hyerin's shaky fingers.

"Jimin." Yoongi whispered, almost breathlessly. He didn't meet the boy's gaze, and he didn't know if he wanted to. "Leave."

"But—"

"Jimin, no." Seokjin cut him off almost immediately, placing his hands on Jimin's shoulders, guiding him out of the room and away from the scene, despite his protests and refusal to cooperate. Seokjin's hold on him was too tight for Jimin to be able to turn around and watch Yoongi's expression, and he eventually succumbed and allowed himself to be pushed away, no matter how much he wanted to stay.

"Hyerin." His entire body capitulated to the numbness that slowly ate at him until he couldn't feel anything at all. His initial reaction was shock; Hyerin had read the notebook, had seen his hidden, lovesick thoughts take form in messy ink scrawled across yellowed pages curling at the corners. Hyerin, Jimin's wife-to-be, had learned that Yoongi was in love him. His second reaction was fear; Jimin was in the room. While he was doubtful that Jimin actually read it, Hyerin and Jimin had obviously been in the midst of a conversation when Yoongi and Seokjin had passed by. What if Hyerin had told him? He had hidden his feelings for so long because he feared ruining his friendship with the both of them; what a shame it would be if his years of harsh, tortuous concealment were to fall apart because he had made the mistake of leaving the evidence where everyone could see it. "What did you read?"

She let out a shaky breath, bringing her gaze up from her clenched hands to stare up at Yoongi's unreadable expression through dark eyelashes. "I'm sorry."

"Answer the question."

"Not much. Just the marked page, I swear."

Yoongi finally looked away, leafing through the book until he found the page she was talking about. He told himself that he had prepared himself to be faced with the worst, that he had prepared himself to learn that Hyerin had read fifty pages worth of lovesick thoughts, but there was still a part of him that hoped that Hyerin hadn't seen anything, that she didn't know about his love for Jimin. It was so much simpler that way, when no one knew of his feelings but himself. He told himself he was ready for the worst, but when he saw the 'I love you,' scrawled across the page, he knew he was fucked.

"What did you tell him?"

"Pardon?"

"I asked, what did you tell him?"

"Nothing." Hyerin rose to her feet, trying to regain feeling in her legs while placing a gentle hand on Yoongi's shoulder. She didn't know how he'd react, didn't know if he'd lash out at her or not, but it wasn't one of her concerns. Yoongi's posture remained stiff. "I didn't tell him anything. But that's not the point, Yoongi. Why didn't you tell him?"

Of all the questions that Yoongi was sure Hyerin would ask, he didn't think that would be one of them. Instead of a hundred inquiries about when it had began and why he thought he'd had a chance, she gingerly asked him why he kept it all to himself. Hyerin really was too good for the world; it didn't surprise him that Jimin would want to marry her.