0.6

Disbelief was heavily dusted over all of her features, her confused eyes growing wider every time she read the words. They rang in her head, chanted over and over again like a mantra. She sucked in a deep breath, running a tongue over her lips and reading it again, hoping that she saw it wrong, but she didn't. Maybe she was going crazy. It was impossible for Yoongi to like Jimin. Jimin was straight, Jimin wasn't interested, heck, Jimin was engaged! Her gaze flew back up to the top of the page. The date suggested that it was written years ago. There was no way Yoongi would still like him now. Loved faded away when it was left unattended. Yoongi was an impatient person; there was no way he would have waited for Jimin after all of those years. He would have given up. Any other assumption was simply not fathomable.

If she really thought about it, though, it would make sense. Hyerin had seen the way Yoongi looked at Jimin, with eyes glossed over in affection that she mistook as a friendly fondness, but it wouldn't surprise her if it wasn't. Just the way Yoongi acted around Jimin seemed loving, even if it seemed that Yoongi had closed himself off over the past few months.

As soon as she heard footsteps, she jumped in surprise, a wave of panic washing over her. In her haste, she jammed the book between several others stacked under the bed. Hyerin resisted the urge to let out a sigh of relief when she saw Jimin standing at the door to the room instead of Yoongi, standing up and dusting off her clothes to go over and embrace him.

"Why do you look so surprised?" Jimin chuckled, though his face still had a look of confusion on it. He wrapped his arms around the girl's waist, causing her teeth to sink into her bottom lip so hard, she almost drew crimson. Her gaze wandered around nervously, avoiding Jimin's expectant eyes. He wanted an answer, but she didn't have one.

"No reason." She shrugged, pulling away from his hug to watch his expression. "Just didn't expect you to walk in here so suddenly." Jimin laughed airily at the response. She continued speaking. "Hey, Jimin?"

"Yeah?" Hyerin was genuinely worried. She didn't know how to phrase the question without sounding suspicious. Obviously, Yoongi had been keeping his little secret from Jimin for a reason, and she didn't want to interfere with that, but she also wanted to know what Jimin thought about it.

"What would you do if you learned that your best, closest friend liked you? And had liked you for a while?" She chewed on the inside of her cheek as she waited for a response anxiously.

Jimin hummed, obviously not expecting the question. He pursed his lips, narrowing his eyes in thought, and each passing second only made Hyerin more nervous. "Well, I don't think it would ever happen to me, because Yoongi's my best friend, and there's no way he'd like me." See, now that, that is where you're wrong. "Why the sudden question?"

"Well..." She had to come clean. She didn't want to disrespect Yoongi's privacy even further than she already had, but it seemed like the kind of thing that Jimin had to know about. Besides, if that crush had already faded away, there would be no problem in Jimin being aware of it. "I got curious, and..."

Almost shamefully, she reached under the bed and pulled the notebook out, fingers ghosting past the spines of the books until she found the right one. Jimin stiffened visibly, but Hyerin could see the visible curiosity glowing in his eyes, even if only for a fraction of a second. "Hyerin, isn't that Yoongi's? That's an invasion of privacy. You shouldn't have that."

"I know, I know, I realize that now." She let out a quiet sigh, running a hand over the cover of the book. She pressed her lips together into a thin line, unable to meet Jimin's gaze, which was clouded with a mixture of confusion and disapproval, yet it still had that tiny little sparkle of interest, like he, too, wanted to know what was inside. "It's just, I was curious, and I was being an idiot, and when I saw it out in the open, I was drawn to it, and I decided to read it."