Chapter 3

Niall looked over at Rory expectantly, but after seeing she was extremely nervous and constantly looking over at her friend, who she called Sydney, he figured she knew who he was, as in International One Direction member Niall Horan, not Niall Horan

"What's wrong?" Rory asks, looking over at him after she hears him sigh. 

"I don't think we've been properly introduced, you know," he said gesturing to him, Rory, and Sydney.

"Oh! Right!" she says, touching her hand to her forehead as if she's thinking. She keeps her eyes closed as she points to her friend. "Sydney Shane," she opens her eyes, "I'm Rory Harper." 

"I'm Nial-" he starts saying but Rory interrupts him.

"I know," she says, taking a sip from her drink and placing it back onto the table. 

"No, I mean just Niall Horan. Not One Direction Niall Horan, just Niall Horan," he says quietly, hoping she understands. "Can we start over?" 

She raises her eyebrows, then furrows them in confusion as he stand up and walks away. Sydney looks up from her phone. 

"Where's he going?" she asks. Rory shrugs, not understanding either. So much for becoming friends with yet another idol for the night.

However, Niall had taken his tray with him, walked to the door, then turned around and started walking back. A few people glanced in his direction, obviously confused. Rory peered around the booth, looking in the direction thinking, this dude is so much different than in interviews and recordings of him

She smiled when she saw him turn around and make his way toward their booth again. 

He arrived at the side of the table, saying, "Ladies, is this seat taken?"

Rory let out a short laugh, nodding. "Sure, Niall," she said. Sydney looked at him strange. She definitely knew she didn't like the band but Niall was funny and had made an effort to make friends with a super fan like Rory, even though he didn't know much about her. She decided he was alright, but that didn't mean you would find her jamming out to one of their songs in her room a week later. 

Sydney raised an eyebrow at him, causing him to wink back and turn his attention once more to Rory, who was absolutely ecstatic right now. 

She was still being really shy. She didn't know much about him either, personality wise. Of course she knew little things like his favorite color was green and he liked boxing. But to Rory that's not what mattered. Rory wanted to know what he would be like through the loss of a person, through the gaining of a new friend, or even a pet, through the ache of a heartbreak. His mannerisms, his quirks, his dorky fetish's and obsessions that everyone is bound to have. 

She knew hers too, and she laughed at the thought of it, thinking of all the NFL Bears merchandise she has placed sporadically around her room; adjacent to the wall of  her One Direction posters.

"Well, Just Niall Horan, Sydney and I actually have to get going. We have to get up early tomorrow to get home, so we have to get back to our hotel," Rory says, interrupting her, Niall, and Sydney's conversation about just why Niall was alone, with no bodyguards, or any other members of the band. Turns out the band was just on a small break from their American tour and Niall just wanted a night to himself. And now he was glad that he did. That he had run into Rory, then again because after he'd bumped into the stranger, he had a strange urge to go to McDonalds, even though he wasn't that hungry. 

"Do you need a ride? Like back to your hotel? I have my rental today," Niall offered, wanting to spend just a little bit more time with Rory, and Sydney too.