Chapter 2: Unconventional Encounters

Sydney had decided to dedicate their two and a half hour driving playlist to her 'pop punk vibe' so it was entirely made up of bands Rory wasn't familiar with. She did recognize a few Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, and Weezer songs

After two and a half hours -including Sydney's snoring half way through- they arrived at the theatre where the concert is being held. It was about 3 o'clock and they left late because Adam spontaneously decided to hide Rory's car keys. She isn't upset, however. Adam got grounded for a few weeks. 

She shook Sydney awake, telling her that they'd arrived. They look at themselves in the mirror one last time before they exited Rory's car, putting on their VIP/Backstage passes and making sure they had their tickets in their purses again. 

"You could fit an entire person in your purse, you know that?" Rory tells Sydney. Sydney looks over at her unenthusiastically, glancing down at her incredibly and unnecessarily huge bag.

Rory shakes her head, moving towards the line for the venue. The line is pretty decent, about 50 people so far. Her and Sydney hopped in line quickly, knowing it would get longer by the minute. It was obvious some people had been camping out the night before, their tents all perfectly made with bunches of girls and guys occupying them. About 45 minutes later the line started moving and both girls were hurried inside, and ushered through the building where they would go backstage and meet the boys they were so in love with.

They were both so exstatic to meet all the guys from Two Door Cinema Club and Alt-J. Rory was squeezing Sydney's hand so tight it was turning white and she kept trying to loosen it up but Rory's iron tight grip wasn't giving.

They were lead into what looked like a lounge room, and sitting there were various member like Joe from TDCC and Gus from Alt-J. Suddenly Gwil and Alex walk in, sitting next to Thom on a couch. 

"Hi!" Rory practically yells which tears their attentions from their phones and conversations.

"Hi!" Alex replies. 

A symphony of "Hello!" "How are you?" "Hey!" and "What's up?" erupt in the room. Rory and Sydney wave enthusiastically.

Oh my God I would so have his children, Rory thinks.

"What was that?" He asks, hearing her mumble something to herself.

Oh my God did I just say that outloud? Rory thinks. 

"Say what outloud?" He asks, laughing.

Sydney starts busting out in laughter while she stands there like a deer caught in headlights. 'Best friend of the year award goes to Sydney', she thinks, 'Thanks for the help!'

Alex smiles at her, and she returns it because God damn how can she not? 

Rory, Alex, and Gwil chat for a while and Sydney talks to Joe and Thom. She can tell Sydney's telling them one of her crazy and exciting -but fake- adventures because she's gesturing all over the room and making weird formations with her arms. Suddenly a large man with an ID badge labeled 'Staff' appears in the doorway saying, "Concert starts in 10, ladies, I'll have to ask you to please make your way to your seats."

After taking a few photos with all the guys they got hugs and made their way to their seats just a few minutes before both bands went on stage. Rory was still internally freaking out, She just hung out with some of her idols! She had to keep pinching herself every few minutes to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She was literally SO happy; today was easily one of the best days of her life. 

Rory and Sydney danced to every song, not caring about the people around them, absolutely in pure bliss. They also had front row seats so occasionally the band members would look over and smile or wink or wave, which just made Rory into a swooning 12 year old fangirl. 'I'm 16 and I still act like I'm 12,' she thinks as Thom waves to her. Sydney tells her to calm down and take deep breaths but she's not worried about breathing at all right now. Every so often one of Rory's and Sydney's parents would text them to ask if they were ok and how they were doing, even offering to come pick the girls up because they were worried about them. This just made both Rory and Sydney laugh.