Chapter 1: The French Toast Thief

"Rory. Rory. RORY!!" Rory Harper's mother shakes her awake.

"Woah hey I'm awake," She replys groggily. 

She lifts open an eye to see her Mom leaving her room. Before closing the door she turns her head saying, "Breakfast is on the table when you're ready." 

She closes her eye again, savoring the few peaceful moments of silence. Her stomach rumbles and she decides it's time to get her lazy arse out of bed. She glances over at Sydney, her best friend, whose sprawled out across the air mattress, a small puddle of drool on a section of her pillow. 

She grabs one of her super fluffy pillows and chucks it Sydney's head.

"Huh? What?" She says. She chuckles and gets out of bed. Rory point to her head and Sydney gets the message that her hair is looking extra crazy this morning. 

She sighs, flopping back on the mattress.

"But I don't wanna get up!" She whines.

"Yeah well neither do I but who else am I supposed to go to the Alt-J and Two Door Cinema Club concert with? We've been saving up all year for this," Rory tells her before going into her bathroom to take a shower.

"You could always go with your mom."

"Yeah, like that'll ever happen," Rory says. 

"Hey you're mom's pretty fantastic I bet she would go," Sydney tells her before snooping around her bag of clothes and coming into the bathroom. Rory pulls the curtain aside, poking her head out.

"Privacy is not in your resumé is it?"

"Nope," she says, tossing her clean clothes onto the floor and sitting at the toilet. She sighs; today is definitely going to be interesting, she thinks. After Rory finish showering, which thankfully Sydney went back into her room so she could change, she puts the clothes she's going to wear on: A pair of light blue skinny jeans, her Ramones t-shirt, her black converse, and her black leather jacket. She drys her hair, putting it half up and half down in her usual hair style then brushes her teeth and puts eye liner and mascara on.

"Hurry up you turd or we're never going to leave, like ever," Sydney shouts from Rory's room.

In turn Rory hurrys out, Sydney hurries in. 

"I'm going to get breakfast!" Rory shout over the annoying noise of the shower to her faithful companion. She doesn't reply, not hearing Rory.

On the table is fresh fruit, french toast, and some bacon. Adam, Rory's little brother, is already hogging most of the food on his plate. She swears he's like a little Niall Horan. He never stops eating, every pair of shoe he owns is supras, and his blonde hair is always in a quiff, no matter the time of day or situation he's in. Not three seconds after she sits down at the breakfast bar is she bombarded by questions by Adam, her dad, and mom.

"How did you sleep last night?"

"What time are you leaving?"

"You got something in your nose."

She glares at my brother, sticking her tongue out and rubbing her nose, finding absolutely nothing. 

"I slept wonderfully, if you count Adam screaming into his xbox until 4am a good night's sleep," my mother glares at Adam, pointing a finger at him. He shrugs, turning his attention back to the food mountain on his plate." And I think me and Syd will go about 12. The concert starts at 4 and the drive is about two and a half hours." 

Her father nods, taking a sip of his coffee. Rory puts some pieces of french toast on her plate as she hears loud thumping on the stairs. Sydney appears in the kitchen a few moments later, her hair already dried.

"You took a quick shower," Rory says to her. She hops onto the counter but jumps back down as Rory's mother shoos her off.

"Some of us don't need to take as long, Ms. Princess," she says, stealing a piece of my toast, cowering away.

"Get your own food and Says the person who took an hour long shower yesterday!"

"Ok now I have a perfectly good reason for that!" She puts her hands up, defending herself.

"Oh yeah like what? Were you pretending to be in a movie again where you kiss your soulmate in the rain?" Adam says, snorting.

Sydney gasps, "You little creep you were watching me!?!" She storms around the counter, chasing Adam. He stops on the opposite side.

"No! Rory told me!" He yells. Rory's mom lightly smacks him on the arm. He mutters something like 'although I would l like to see you shower' but Sydney doesn't hear it because she looks over at Rory. She knows that look. It's the 'Run bitch, Run!' Look that happens oh so often. She shrieks, dropping her food and scrambling out of her chair. Sydney tackles her in the living room.

"Woah!" she yells as they both go down, "Unnecessary! Foul! Foul on the field! Rape! Someone help me!" 

She smacks the back of Rory's head, getting up and grabbing another piece of french toast from her plate and skips upstairs.

"Jerk!" she yells

"I heard that!" she hears from upstairs.

Rory chuckles, heading back to her bickering family to finish her delicious breakfast.

[A/N Hey guys so I finally decided to do a story in third person. I also usually write on 1dff but I think I like wattpad better. Let me know what you think of the story and if there's anything you'd like to happen. There currently is NO plot line and I just kind of go and write. I also will not have a regular updating schedule as school is starting and I'll never know what I have to do that day. Also I cannot change the rated R rating but there won't be smut as I had originally planned. There will be smut in my new one (The Firm) which is a Larry. Well I love you all, bye c:]

[p.s. I am also looking for someone to do a cover art for me since the computer I have that has photoshop is broken and I'm too lazy anyway that would be really freakin awesome you can just message me on here or my tumblr: ofpottar.tumblr.com]