8. - My Scars Remind Me, That The Past Is Real

Start bij het begin

“Night,” she said and waved at the following men, before she entered the stairs and I led her to my bunk.

“Sleep tight,” I said and put a kiss on her mouth. “I’ll join you later.”

“Good night, Aunt Kimie,” she said and cuddled her bunny. I closed the curtain and joined the others who were sitting in the sitting area.

“She’s quiet far for her age,” Val said as I sat down beside her.

“Yeah, she’s already in kindergarten and everything... Maybe she’s high talented, we’ll see.”

“You two seem really close,” Syn said and I nodded.

“I was the first one who held her. I was in the labor room with Kelly and at the antenatal exercises and everything,” I told them with a wide grin in my face. “So what about a beer?” I asked and they all nodded. I pulled the bottles out of the little fridge and handed them to Val, who gave it the boys. We sat there and talked a bit, but we were all exhausted, so we decided to go to bed. I changed in the bathroom and then I joined my niece, put an arm around her, inhaled her scent and closed my eyes.

“You awake?” A voice asked me and I opened one eye, just to see the little girl in front of me.

“Now I am. What’s the matter?” I asked quietly.

“I have to pee,” she said and I pushed the curtain to the other side, so we could get out of the bunk.

“Come on and be quiet,” I only said and we walked down the stairs, so I could show her the little bathroom. I waited outside and she came back outside and saw the little dog that was running around my feet and started to bark. “Shhhh Peanut, you’re waking everyone,” I said and opened the door of the bus, so the dog could get outside.

“He’s so cute,” Cassie said and followed him, as I realized she was barefoot, again.

“You shouldn’t walk outside barefoot, Missy,” I blamed her.

“But you’re too,” she said and had a point.

“Only to grab you,” I explained and lifted her up. “So come here, Peanut will come soon after us.” I just grabbed my things, changed and left the bus with my niece in tow. The dog was inside again, I was afraid what he’d do with the cat. So I entered the house and saw my mom was already up and ran down the kitchen again and again as Cassie left to go to her room.

“Everything fine?” I asked and she shrieked.

“You scared me to hell, Kim. Why are you already up?” she asked me and filled a cup with coffee and handed it me.

“Missy woke me up. What’s up here? You all seem a bit… distracted.”

“No, everything’s fine. We were excited about having you back. So tell me, everything’s fine? I was a bit worried about you in a band full of men.” So I sat down on the stool and told her something about my new life. Then Kelly entered the room and took my coffee.

“So, little Miss Superstar, what is it like living as a rockstar?” She asked and drank my coffee.

“Not as excited as you might believe.”

“So and with whom you have made out?” she asked further.

“What?” I was confused. And actually my name was still Kim not Kelly.

“Hey, there are four good looking men with you in a bus. I know, Val’s with Matt, but the others are alone.”

“They’re not alone they all have a girl at home except of Johnny.” She just snorted and told me I was prudish.