8. - My Scars Remind Me, That The Past Is Real

Start from the beginning

“I’ll show you inside. It’s cold here so we have to bring you inside. Then I’ll introduce you.” I told them to follow me and carried the little one until we were inside.

“Cassie, why you’re still up?” I heard my sister asking.

“I waited for Aunt Kimie, Mommy,” she answered and hid behind me.

“I’ll bring her immediately to bed,” I promised and opened my arms, so my sister could hug me. It was just a brief hug, but I always had the best relationship with my dad in this family. Then I saw my mom and she hugged me too.

“So now we’re all here and I know little one wouldn’t sleep until she knew every name of you,” I started the introduction. “That’s my Mom Karen, my twin Kelly, you know my Dad Ethan and the littl’ girl hiding behind me is Cassie.” I took a breath and went on. “And these are Matt and his wife Val, Zacky, Syn and Johnny.” They waved as I mentioned their names.

“What’s Syn for a name?” My dad asked.

“Actually it’s my stage name, sir, but your daughter refuses to call me Brian,” Syn explained.

“Well I see. And don’t call me sir, Ethan is fine.”

“So, I’ll take you to bed,” I said and looked down at the yawning girl.

“But I’m not tired at all,” she said.

“Sure you’re. You have enough time tomorrow to get to know them.”

“Where are you going to sleep?”

“Saw this huge bus out there?” Johnny asked and she nodded. “We’re going to sleep there.”

“I want to sleep there, too.”

“Then let her sleep there,” my dad said and I shoot him a surprising glace. Actually, he’s not so… yeah, I couldn’t really describe it, but he looked real tired. “We’re also going to bed.”

“Get your bunny and your slippers,” I told Cassie and she disappeared.

“See you tomorrow, kiddo,” My dad said, kissed my forehead and disappeared. Something was wrong, I knew it. My sister waved and Mom told me we would get breakfast at ten if we wished and followed my dad. That was really strange!

“Can Labelle come with us?” The little girl asked from top of the stairs, but I just shook my head. She slowly walked down, in one hand her fluffy toy, in the other her pillow.

“So come on, think it’s better we’re soon in the bus.”

So we were on our way, when Cassie spoke again. “Mister?” Nobody reacted. “Mister?” she asked again a little bit louder and everyone was staring at her. It seemed she had spoke to Matt and I had to chuckle, as she addressed him firmly.

“You seem pretty strong, you mind caring me?” She asked and put on her puppy smile no one could resist. He held out his hands, but she wanted to be carried on his shoulder, so he got on his knees and Val put her on. His wife carried her things while the girl was happy with her new place.

“Wrapped you around your little finger in one minute, hu?” Zacky grinned.

“She just got him, ‘cause she called him mister,” Syn supposed.

“Think you have to get down, ‘cause the door is too small for us two. Maybe you could sit on Johnny’s shoulder…” Matt said and let her down as we finally reached the black bus.

“No, I’m fine. Thank you.” She said and looked at me.

“So come, you’ll sleep in my bunk. Say goodnight, I’ll show you around tomorrow.”