Star Gazing

Kiana

Harry and I sat outside while the others slept inside the tent. I read my protector book while Harry played with his Snitch.

"Why do you read that thing?" Harry asked.

And if you couldn't tell, Harry had the locket, Yay.

"To understand the elements and how to prefect my control of them and to control these other abilities I have," I answered.

"The night in the cave when those things drug me into the water I thought I was going to die and then I saw you how did you do it?" Harry asked.

"It was just a feeling Harry, I wasn't angry or scared it was just something I had to do, if I was scared of angry I wouldn't have controlled it and I could have hurt you," I answered,"My grandpa always told me to Conceal and Don't feel, look where that got me huh."

"Sometimes it's good not to feel and just control," Harry said. "Makes you feel powerful."

"Yes but I think it was because I loved you that I felt powerful but didn't have to feel it because I knew it," I said.

"Loved me?" Harry asked.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You said you loved me," Harry said. "Loved as in past tense."

"Take the locket off, it's making you rigid again," I said.

Harry simply nodded and handed me the locket. I slipped it on my neck as it collided with the necklace Dumbledore gave me.

"It's Blue, why is it lighting up blue, what does blue mean to you?" Harry asked.

"Ah, another lesson on colors huh? Okay, Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity. As opposed to emotionally warm colors like red, orange, and yellow; blue is linked to consciousness and intellect. Light blue is associated with health, healing, tranquility, understanding, and softness. Dark blue represents knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness," said.

"And what do you feel right now?" Harry asked.

"Trust, because I trust you enough to talk to you about these things and I'll know that you'll always understand because you love me and I love you," I said. 

Harry nodded.

"Can I try the necklace on?" Harry asked.

I nodded. I unclasped the diamond necklace and handed it to Harry. It flashed Red.

"What does Red mean?" Harry asked.

"Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love. Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags or our House flag for example. Light red represents joy, sexuality, passion, sensitivity, and love. Pink signifies romance, love, and friendship. It denotes feminine qualities and passiveness. Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath. Brown suggests stability and denotes masculine qualities. Reddish-brown is associated with harvest and fall. Yours looks like it is Light Red if you asked me. So Harry, do tell me what you're feeling," I asked.

"Right now looking at you, I feel love," Harry whispered.

He kissed my cheek. I simply smiled and blushed. I laid down in the grass and looked at the clear sky. Harry laying besides me.

"Do you miss your Dad?" Harry asked.

I smiled. I held his hand in mine and traced the stars until I found the brightest one.

"Do you know what that star is?" I asked.

"Uh, no," Harry said.

"It's called the Sirius Star. It's the brightest star known. It's called the Big Dog Star. I can look at that star and see the resemblance in my dad," I said.

"How do you do that?" Harry asked.

"Because it shines beautifully through the night, and I look at it and I feel like I'm home, like he's there right now on that star," I said. "And yes I miss him. But I can just look out at that star and know that he is watching."

"What is Cedric's middle name?" Harry asked.

"James, after your father of course. Mine is Lynn, it was supposed to be after your mum but my mother named me after her first bestfriend and Remus's first love Allison Lynn Calum it's an honor to have her name," I said.

"What does your name mean?" Harry asked.

"Well, in the Hawaiian meaning it means 'divine or heavenly' and in the Persian meaning it means 'elements of the earth' may it be Wind, Earth,Water and Fire," I explained.

"Well you are divine," Harry smiled. "And heavenly."

"Shut up Harry," I chuckled.

Harry held my hand as we watched the Sirius star.

"You were right," Harry said.

"When am I not?" I asked.

Harry nudged my shoulder.

"Look at me," Harry said.

I turned to my side and faced him.

"You were right about the star. It does feel like your dad is watching us, so that means they're watching Annalise too. Don't give up on her yet. She's strong and opinionated like you and that's why you love her," Harry said.

"That is why I love her because she," I began.

"Reminds you of the old carefree you," Harry finished.

"When did you become so observant," I smirked.

"Always have been," Harry smiled.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Yes. Really," he smiled.

"So tell me Harry, what do you see when you look at me?" I asked.

"There was a time when I was all alone and the only friend I had was the man in the moon. Then you came along and promised that I would never be alone. I see the same determined girl I met when we were eleven. But I also see a scared, wreck less and heart broken girl. You're confused on what you want and for the first time in your life you have to make decisions that are wreck less and you've always needed Cedric. You still need Cedric. You tried to find that in Christian and put to much hope into that. That's why you think putting hope into something is stupid because you don't want to go through that constant pain again. You put to much trust in everything and now you regret it. You're strong Kiana and its time for you to show it and not fake it," Harry said.

It went silent between the two of us before Harry spoke.

"What do you see in me?" He asked.

"I still see that innocent boy who lived in a broom closet. I see that he realized that it was time to grow up and take this responsibility on his own. I see a man who is loyal that he'd die for us. I see the boy I fell in love with as a Hollow Shell the more stress and grief gets to him and if he doesn't control his anger he will lose people. Harry, I can help you control your emotions," I said.

Harry held my hand tighter and sniffled.

"I still see that broken boy that cried when he thought my father killed his parents but I also see that loving boy who fought Tom Riddle to save me in our Second Year. The boy I'm in love with," I smile.