In It Together

Kiana

I waited for everyone to be sound asleep so I can make my great escape. I exited my shared room with Olivia, Rosalyn, Ginny and Hermione and entered the boys room. I placed a kiss on Harry's cheek and set my bracelet beside him. I closed the door behind me as I ran out of the Burrow. I heard footsteps following me and I felt someone grab my arm. I turn around and flip them to the ground.

"Going somewhere," Josh asked.

"Josh, just go back to sleep," I said.

"And let you leave all alone," Josh said.

"You don't get it Josh," I sighed. "I can handle myself and the task at hand."

"This isn't the fourth year where you pushed everyone away and figured things out yourself. This isn't the TriWizard tournament. Your grandfather nor father is alive to keep you alive," Josh said.

"Maybe that's why I need to leave and do this on my own. Even the tiniest bit of help from others leads them to their deaths," I said. "Mad-Eye was another fatality from me."

"You're leaving out of anger," Josh said.

"I am not angry. I am in pain. And all of this put me here. And I can't stand to watch the people I love die around me, so go back to sleep Josh," I snapped.

"You wouldn't last two days out there alone," Josh said.

"Jake would kill me if I told you to come with me so if I need to do this alone and I will," I snapped. "The more time we waste the more muggles die. My grandfather, Mad-Eye, my mother and father, Lily and James would have been for nothing Josh."

"It would have been for nothing if you went off on your own and got killed," Josh said.

"You think I am going to stay here with all of you knowing that he could find us and kill any of you. I'm doing this to save you the pain of losing Jake like I did with my Dad. Josh, this is my destiny," I said.

"You and I both know that it is beyond your destiny," he said. "Your destiny is to protect Harry and train him."

"Josh do you trust me," I ask.

"More than anything in the world Kay, you know that," Josh said.

Josh

"So you know you have to trust me to do this alone," she said.

Kiana wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me in for a hug.

"And that you won't follow me when I leave," she whispered.

I pulled out of the hug and looked in her eyes. My thumbs wiping her tears away. Kiana kissed my cheek and then walked away.

"I can't lose you I won't survive," I started. "And that's your fault," Kiana stopped dead in her tracks. "You made me love you, you made me let you in and now you're just going to leave me here to worry whether your dead or alive and I don't want to worry about that because because I'm in love with you. I wanted Jake and I to do this so that I could show you that I could be just as Harry so that you could fall in love with me and see that all I've ever wanted was to make you happy."

Kiana turned around.

"So please don't leave me," I begged.

"I don't have a choice," She said.

"Everyone has a choice. And you need us," I said.

"Then come with me," she said. "Just you and me. You keep me safe and I'll keep you safe."

"And leave Harry, Jake, Hermione and Ron, are you mad? Not only will they kill me so will Remus and Tonks and your brother," I said.

"Why do you care about me so much Josh, why do you love me," She asked.

"I wish I didn't care. But, I do care. I care about everything that involves you and if that means stepping aside so you and Harry could be happy I'll do just that but for now, I want you to rest and think about this all Kay," I said.

Kiana didn't reply. Instead she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the marshy fields. She put her finger against her lips and pointed at the sky. Death Eaters were flying over the Burrow. She pointed her wand over us and whispered.

"Evanesco," she muttered.

I saw her body disappear from sight and then I noticed she put a invisibility spell on us. I felt her hot breath on mine and I wanted to kiss her right now. To feel her lips on mine. I felt her body roll off of mine and she took the spell off.

"They're gone," she said.

"Okay, maybe you can survive on your own but you and I both know you need us," I said.

"I know," she said.

For the first time since I've known Kiana. I've never seen her so defeated in my time knowing her.