Chapter 7

*Nash's POV*

I can't believe that they're here. I shifted behind a tree and put my clothes back on. Cam did the same and we started walking up to the house. I saw Skylynn and my face lit up. All of a sudden I was knocked into by an unknown force. Whatever it was ended up on top of me on the floor. I heard a really loud snarl and the weight was pushed off of me. I looked up and saw that it was Cam who had snarled. He gathered me into his arms and nuzzled my neck.
"Are you okay? Are the pups okay? Do I need to call the doctor? You know what let's just meet him up there. I ne-" I cut him off by kissing him. I pulled away and he smiled down at me.
"We're fine. Thank you for asking Cammy."
"Cameron isn't in control. I took over. Must protect mate. Do you want me to give him back control?" Brady took over, that's sweet. I smiled and nodded. I heard shuffling from behind us and looked over his shoulder. I gasped and wiggled out of his arms.
"HAYES! I MISSED YOU!" I jumped on Hayes and hugged him. I started crying and Cam growled.
"Nash who's this?" I looked at him.
"This is my little brother Hayes, up at the house is my mom and baby sister Skylynn." I sniffled and his face softened. He opened his arms and I gladly snuggled into them. Hayes looked at Cam with confusion.
"Okay, you know who I am, so who are you?" Before Cam can answer Eli made me.
"Mate." My voice was deeper so Hayes knew it wasn't me. Cam smiled proudly at me and nodded at Hayes. Hayes looked at me shocked. Then he glared at Cameron and was about to hit him when I growled at him. He looked at me again. I narrowed my eyes at him, threatening him to hurt my mate. He backed away and I nuzzled my head in Cams neck. I mumbled 'mine' and he replied with a quiet 'yours' while rubbing my back. He started walking up to the house and I tucked myself under his arm. He smiled and we reached the front deck. My mom saw me and came to give me a hug. I growled at her and tucked myself further into Cam. She immediately stopped and looked at him confused.
"Excuse him, he's listening to his instincts at the moment. His wolf probably felt that his family was being threatened when his brother nearly attacked me a few minutes ago." Cameron explained.
"But we are his family. I don't understand how he could feel his 'family'  being threatened by his brother attacking you." I growled at her again. I may be in a daze but I can still hear what they're saying.
"Mate could've got hurt, pups almost squished." I mumbled. My mom must have heard me though.
"Mate!? PUPS?!" She looked like she just saw a ghost. I nodded and she looked at Cameron.
"How dare you. How DARE you knock up my son! Nash, after I beat this kid we'll go get rid of those demon spawn." She stepped closer to Cameron with her hand raised and my wolf saw red. He has had enough with his mate and pups being threatened. He took control and within seconds my mom was on the ground with me pinning her. I snarled at her.
"Don't EVER threaten my pups or my mate again. If you so much as look at me or him the wrong way my canines will be in your throat before you can even blink. Do you understand me?!" Eli had said the whole thing, but we both meant it. She shakily nodded at me and I stood up. Eli gave me control back and I dusted myself off. Cameron looked at me in shock but there was a hint of proud hidden behind it. I started walking to the door when I felt a weight on my leg. I looked down and saw Sky. My face softened and I smiled at her.
"Hey Sky, I missed you so much baby girl." I pulled her into a hug. I stood up and put her on my hip.
"Let's go inside and I'll show you around. How does that sound?" She nodded and smiled at me. I looked at Cam and saw that he was right behind me. We started showing Sky around the pack house and she was so fascinated by everything.  I set her down after showing her around and making sure she knows her way around. I watch as she runs off and plays with the other kids. I smile and turn to Cam.
"Sorry about earlier. I don't know what came over me." I blush and look down.
"Nash that's perfectly normal. Your wolf felt threatened so that made you on edge. It's okay. Now let's go check on the pups. That kid knocked you down pretty hard." I nodded and we started walking to the infirmary. The doctor wasn't busy so we explained to him what had happened and we were shown to a room. He set the machine up and started rubbing the wand around my stomach with that cold gel on it.
"Your pups are as healthy as they were when you came her earlier. I do suggest that you start finding a place where your wolf is comfortable having the pups, since they have alpha blood they're going to be coming earlier than a normal werewolf's pups." I looked at Cam and he nodded. I yawned and he helped me up after wiping the stuff off my tummy. He picked me up and carried me bridal style to our bedroom and laid me on the bed. I burrowed myself in his side of the bed so I can be covered in his scent. He chuckles and leans down to kiss my forehead.
"Get some rest baby. I'll be back soon, I have a pack meeting to go to. I love you, sleep well." I whimpered.
"Okay, come back as fast as you can. I don't like being away from you for long. It makes Eli nervous. And I get uncomfortable." He nodded and walked out the room. I sighed and closed my eyes. Soon, I fell into a dreamless sleep.
-------------------------- 3 hours later ---------------------
I woke up feeling refreshed. I stood up and Eli said we should start looking for a place to nest. (A place to have the babies) I looked around Cam's room and found some old blankets that smelled strongly of him. I gathered them and walked outside. No one was around so I let my instincts take over so I can find a place easier. Soon I found myself somewhere in the attic. There was an old box in the corner. I walked up to it and smelled it. Nothing smelt off so I decided to test it out. I changed into my wolf form and crawled inside. It was perfect. And there was enough room for Cam's wolf inside as well. I grabbed the blankets and started to spread them out around the box. It was perfect now. Eli got excited. Our mate would be proud of us for finding a place so quickly. I jumped out and decided to go find him.He said something about a pack meeting so I went to the meeting room. On the way there I ran into that one girl, Lia. She glared at me. I turned my shoulder and kept looking for the meeting room. I found it and nudged it open with my paw. I looked for Cameron and once I saw him my tail started wagging and I walked over to him.
"Nash? What are you doing up, and why are you in your wolf form?" I his shirt with my mouth and pulled him towards the door. He got the message and said he would be right back. I lead him up to the attic where I made our nest. Once we got to the box I started wagging my tail again. I hope he's proud. He goes and looks at the box and turns back to me with a confused look.
"It's just an empty box Nash, why are you showing me this?" I walked up to the box and looked in. I started whining once I realized the blankets were gone. Someone took my nest. I started pacing back in forth in front of it.
"Baby, calm down. Shift back and tell me what's wrong." I couldn't shift. My wolf was in distress and he wanted his nest back. It was supposed to be the safe place where we would have our pups. I started to sniff around and see if I could get a trail of the blankets. I found it but it was mixed with something else. I followed it and ended up outside of a room. Cam was following me and I started pawing at the door. He opened it and I ran inside, looking for my blankets. I got happy once I found them and started dragging them to the door. Someone stopped me though.
"What are you doing with my blankets?" Lia asked. I just kept dragging them out of the room.
"Nash? Why do you have her blankets? Give them back to her." I shook my head and started smelling them. I looked at him and he seemed to get it, I wanted him to smell them. He smelled them and his face changed from confused to calm. He let me pass through the door and I stopped and waited for him to follow me.
"Why did you have MY blankets Lia? I'm sure I saw those in my room when I left earlier." She got a nervous look on her face. I was getting impatient. I pawed at Cam's foot and whined looking back in the direction of the attic. He nodded and turned back to Lia.
"I'll deal with you once he shows me what he wanted." I started walking back up to the attic and he followed. I was dragging the blankets with me and once we get there I dragged them into the box with me and started moving them around to make the beginning of our nest. He smiled at me in realization of what I wanted to show him. All of a sudden he got mad.
"She stole your nest didn't she Nash." I whined and he took that as a yes.
"I'll deal with her later. You want me to test it out with you baby?" I started wagging my tail and looked at him in excitement. He chuckled and took off his clothes so he could shift. Once he did he got into the box with me and I felt so at peace. The box was a perfect fit, and I still had room for my growing belly.I licked his muzzle and started to doze off again. Right before i could I heard rustling looked up to see a strange woman. Who the hell is this?