Chapter 3

*Nash's POV*
I sighed as I walked away from Cam and into my house. He had decided to walk me home and I was greatful. My dads car was gone so that meant I had time to pack a bag and ask Cam if I could spend the night. I quickly walked upstairs while checking the time, it was only 4:30. Dad doesn't get home until 6. I had 2 and a half hours, I have to make this fast. I quickly called Cam and he said I could stay, not without being suspicious though. I started packing my bag when I heard the front door slam. Shit, he's home early. I texted Cam before he could get upstairs.
Me: Help me
As soon as it was sent I put my bag under the bed and locked myself in the bathroom. I heard heavy footsteps walking up the stairs and I started panicking. He slammed my bedroom door open and called out for me.
"HAMILTON! Get your ass out here! Now!" I didn't respond and stayed quiet. His footsteps got closer and closer until the doorknob started jingling.
"Open the door!" He started banging on it and kicking he. After a few minutes of him struggling the door flew open. I cried out in pain as he landed a kick into my side. He kept beating me and yelling at me how it was 'my fault she left'. I sat their taking all he threw at me. I heard frantic footsteps coming up the stairs and my door being opened. My vision was getting black at the edges. All of a sudden my dad was shoved away from me and I looked up and saw Cameron standing over him. He started yelling at my dad and punched him. My dad looked terrified and slowly started backing away. Cam yelled at him one more time and he ran. I sat up and started coughing.
"Oh baby. Why didn't you tell me?"
"W-we just got together today Cam. I didn't fully trust you yet. I'm sorry." He crouched down next to me and started running his fingers through my hair. I sighed and he slowly picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"You can trust me with anything baby. I care about more than you think. I hated myself for what we did to you."
"I'll try to tell you more. I'm not used to opening up to people." He kissed my forehead and grabbed my phone off my bed.
"I really don't want you staying here Nash, is there anyone else you know that lives nearby and would take you in?"
I thought about it. There's Will, I could give him a call. If he says no I have no idea where I'll go.
"My older brother Will lives about 20 minutes away. I could call him and see what he says." Cam nods and hands me my phone. I call Will and he explains that he's moving back to North Carolina soon. I sigh and thank him anyway. I hang up the call and sit on the bed. I pull my knees to my chest and put my head down. I have nowhere to go now. JJ lives with Jack so that's out of the question. Shawn still lives with his mom and dad and they're homophobes. Maybe Cam would take me in.
I lift my head up and look at him. He was on his phone texting someone. I sighed. We've only been together for a day. And not even a full day at that! Oh well. I feel very safe around him so it's worth it.
"Hey uh, Cam? I have a very important question to ask you." He put his phone down and looked up at me.
"Yes babe?" I gulped and took a deep breath.
"My brother's moving back to North Carolina and niether one of my friends are capable of letting me move in with them. Is there any possible way I can come stay with you?" I closed my eyes and waited for the 'no' to come out of his mouth. I waited, but I heard nothing. I looked at him and a huge grin was on his face.
"Of course you can! I would love to have you in my house baby. And yes, it's my house. I live alone."I smiled and got up and hugged him. I was so happy.
"Thank you so much Cam. This is the best day ever." I kissed him. He kissed back and pushed me on my back onto my bed. I groaned and wrapped my arms around his neck. He put his hand on my hip and leaned his forehead on mine.
"We should start packing your stuff baby." He kissed me one more time and stood up. I pouted and crossed my arms.
"No fair. I was having fun." He chuckled and I stood up.
"We can do that again later babe. First we need to get your stuff together so we can get you out of here as soon as we can." I smiled and we started packing my stuff.
-----------------------------A couple weeks later--------------------------
We just put the last box of my stuff in Cams apartment. I was so glad that I finally got out of that hellhole. Cams apartment was actually pretty big. He had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a giant kitchen and living room. I was unpacking my stuff in his room, which he said I was staying in, while he made dinner. I didn't know he could cook, but by the smell that's coming into the room, he must be pretty good. I had just put up my last pair of jeans when he called me into the kitchen. I stood up and walked into the kitchen.
"Yeah babe?" He was sitting up our plates on the table.
"Dinner time." He smiled at me and I sat down. He sat next to me and I kissed his cheek.
"Thank you baby. I haven't had a meal that smelled this good in forever!" I licked my lips and dug in. He chuckled and started eating with me. I was halfway through with my meal when my phone started ringing. I excused myself and went to pick it up. It was my little sister, Skylynn.
"Nashy!" I smiled when she started talking.
"Hey Sky! How are you baby girl."
"I'm good. Hayes and me really miss you. When are you gonna come visit again?" I could hear the tears in her voice and my heart broke.
"I don't know when I can baby girl. I'll try to stop by tomorrow okay?" I was almost in tears myself. I haven't seen my baby sister or brother in almost two years.
"Okay Nashy. Momma says I has to go. Bye bubba! I love you!" I smiled and said that I loved her too and she hung up. I curled up in a ball on Cams bed and started crying. I'm such a horrible brother. I haven't even thought about calling them once. Cam most likely heard me because as soon as I started crying arms we're being wrapped around me and I was pulled into a lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his chest.
"I'm such a horrible brother!" He started rubbing my back.
"Why are you a bad brother?"
"I haven't seen my mom, little sister, and brother in two years Cam! TWO YEARS!" By now I was sobbing. He kept shushing me and I slowly calmed down. I don't know why, but whenever I'm in his arms all my problems seemed to fade away. He tried to pull away but I refused and kept clinging onto him.
"Baby you need to let me go so I can get you some Kleenex." I slowly let him go and he lays me back on the bed. He leaves and comes back with some tissues for me. I thank him and wipe my eyes.
"I'll tell you what. After school tomorrow we can go visit your family and I can meet them as well."
I smiled and hugged him tight.
"Thank you so much Cam! Now, come lay down with me." He smiles and climbs into the bed next to me. I cuddle close to him and start purring. I widen my eyes and throw my hand over my mouth hoping he didn't hear it. He can't find out. He would hate me. He would leave my. My wolf Eli starts to whimper. Yes, my wolf. I'm a werewolf.