Chapter 28 - "You are famous, son."

Start from the beginning

"So Niall," Ellen leaned in again, and I mocked her actions playfully, leaning in dramatically. "Tell us about your perfect girl, what do you search for?" 

There it was. The question that was going to make this whole thing harder. This was the question she had to ask so that she could wrap up the interview, there was no avoiding it. 

"Uh," I sat back, pretending to think. I didn't have to think at all. I just had to describe Liam in a non-gender specific way. "I like someone who's cute, funny, a nice smile... Someone who can eat just as much as me, which is a lot. And... I don't know really. Just someone who's nice to be around." I smiled, all I could see was Liam smiling at me in my head. 

"Well, there you have it, ladies. If you're any of those things, looks like you're the kind of gal' for him! Niall, I hear you've agreed to perform one of your own songs for us today?" she turned her face back and forth from the camera and me. 

"I have indeed. No one's heard this one, not even my boyfr-- I mean, not even my friends and family..." I quickly corrected myself, and she smiled, motioning me to the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is Niall Horan with his new, original song 'Give Me Love'! Go for it, Niall!" 

As I began to sing, Liam's face returned into my head and I couldn't help but smile the biggest smile ever. 

"I'll fight my corner, maybe tonight I'll call ya, after my blood turns into alcohol... No, I just wanna hold you. Give a little time to me, or burn this out. We'll play hide and seek, to turn this around. All I want, is the taste that your lips allow. My my, my my. Give me love. My my, my my. Oh, give me love." the words of the slow song seemed to pour out of my lips so naturally, because I felt like I was singing into Liam's eyes. And he was watching live, back in England. So I suppose I was singing to him in a way. 

Soon enough, my perfomance, and my part of the show, was over. I hugged Ellen once more and exited the stage. A big group of security guards surrounded me and began to walk me through the building to the back door.

"What's this all about? You're acting like I'm famous or something." I laughed to one of the guards.

"You are famous, son." he laughed back. "There are about a hundred girls outside that back door. We have to get you to the car without you being trampled." he pointed to the door and I raised my eyebrows.

"What? They must have the wrong guy." I chuckled in disbelief. I honestly doubt they'd be screaming for me. Michael Bublé was on the show after me, they were probably just waiting for him, right? "Wait and see, they'll probably not even know who I am and totally blank me."

Yeah, I was wrong. 

"NIALL!!!!!!!" 

"MARRY ME NIALL HORAN!!!!"

"OH MY GOD! I LOVE YOU!!!!"

"NIALL CAN I HAVE A PHOTOGRAPH?!!!"

"NIIIIAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!" 

Everything went blurry as flashes from cameras and phones went off, and the ringing in my ears from their screams grew louder and louder. Everything around me was becoming smaller. I could feel the girls' hands trying to grab me through the security guards. 

I was then lifted into a van and the door was slid shut behind me. I sighed with relief. 

"What. The hell. Was that." I panted. The driver just chuckled. 

"I'm just gonna make a call, then I'll take you back to the hotel, okay? If you want me to take you back now, I can." he looked back at me.

"No, no, that's fine. I have to send a video of this or something to my friends, they're gonna laugh so bad." I laughed and pulled out my phone as the driver got out of the van, passing the girls who were banging on the windows, trying to get my attention. Boy, they were all so barking up the wrong tree. I wasn't interested in their entire gender, let alone them as people.