Chapter 25 - "I'm calling on behalf of Mr Cowell."

"Niall?" Zayn called through Liam's house. I looked up from the TV that me and Liam were watching, with Nathan and Harry perched on the sofa across the room. 

"Yeah?" I called back.

"There you are." he wandered into the room, my phone in his hands vibrating. "I didn't want to answer it for you, I don't know who it is." he lightly threw the phone across Liam's lap. I picked it up and noticed it was a number I'd never seen before.

"Thanks." I nodded and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Mr Niall Horan?" a woman spoke gently at the end of the line.

"Yes... Who is this?"

"Hi Niall, I'm Carol from Syco. I'm calling on behalf of Mr Cowell." she spoke formally. Syco? That's Simon Cowell's label.

"Oh. Hi, what can I do for you?" I asked, slightly excited but 100% confused. What do Syco want from me? 

"Mr Cowell would like a meeting with you as soon as possible. He watched your performance on new years eve and has been trying to contact you ever since." Carol replied and my stomach flipped. 

"Simon Cowell saw me singing?" I stuttered and the boys' eyes in front of me lit up.

"Yeah, he did. Are you available for a meeting with him this week? Nothing has to be set in stone, but Mr Cowell would like to discuss a few things with you." she asked.

"Uh. Yeah, sure." I nodded, my mind racing. "I'm free whenever, when does he want me?" 

"His next free slot is at 12:30 on Wednesday. Is that okay for you, sir?" 

"Absolutely, yeah. Where is it?" I jumped up and ran across the room, grabbing a pen and paper from the draw. She told me the address and I scribbled it down quickly, thanking her and hanging up. "Guys." I held up the paper. "I just got a meeting with Simon Cowell."

"What?!" they all yelled at pretty much the same time, getting up from their seats. 

"What for?" Harry smiled perkily.

"To lend me a pair of his high waisted trousers, what do you think it's for?" I asked sarcastically, with a laugh.

"How did he find you?" Nathan laughed, taking the paper and squinting, trying to read my messy handwriting.

"He saw me on new years eve. I don't know how he got my number, but he saw me and he wanted to talk to me. I have to go here on Wednesday at 12:30." I pointed to the paper. "Will you come with me?" I looked at Liam.

"Of course." He smiled, looking happier than ever.

*

"Liam come on!!" I yelled later that week, pulling my shoes on my feet. "We're late!!" 

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." Liam sprinted down the stairs behind me and we both ran out the door. I'm never late. Ever. And one of the only times I'm late, just happens to be on the day that could change my life forever. We jumped into Liam's car and he started driving. Luckily we were only 10 minutes behind schedule, but we'd be so late if there was traffic. 

Lucky us, there was loads of traffic. We sat and waited in lines for 30 minutes before we eventually got to the offices. 

"Niall Horan, I have a meeting with Simon Cowell, sorry we're late." I panted to the woman behind the desk in the big posh lobby.

"Hi," she laughed. "Lucky for you, Mr Cowell is running late with his appointments today. He should be able to see you in about 15 minutes. You can make yourself comfortable in the waiting room over there, here are your security passes." she nodded and handed us both some passes to go around our necks, which we put on and headed for the waiting room.