Chapter 28 - "You are famous, son."

Start from the beginning

A few days later and the tour was coming to a close, meaning the shows were spread out more. This meant I had more days off, and more days filled with interviews and publicity events.

"I can't do it." I almost shouted at Liam down the phone.

"Yes you can, Niall. You can." he reassured me with a stern but somehow calming voice.

"I can't! How would you be able to cope if I told you that you had to go on a live TV show and tell the world you're a straight guy and haven't got a boy at home that you love with all your heart. And that you also have to describe your perfect girl, and give girls around the world false hope. Oh and one last thing, you also have to then perform the song you wrote for the guy you're keeping a secret." I ranted. "I can't do this. I wanna come home."

"I know you do, and we all want you home, believe me. But it's only another week. I believe in you, and I know you can do it, okay?" Liam's strong yet comforting voice began to convince me.

"What if I screw it up? Everything will be ruined." I sighed. 

"Nialler. Do you know what's worse than screwing up? Not trying at all. You're so scared of getting it wrong, you're not thinking of how great you could do. You're gonna be fine, babe. I know you can do it." 

"I love you." I concluded, not knowing what else to say.

"I love you too, now go out there and lie your butt off." he laughed and we ended the call. 

I took a deep breath as I waited for the lights of the Ellen show to come up. I was her first guest. My hands shook nervously and I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"Smile, kid. You're a talented guy, the audience'll love ya." a man obviously from New York, judging by his accent, squeezed my shoulder as he passed me.

"That's so not what I'm worried about." I whispered to myself. The theme tune began to play and a sickly feeling shot through me. The next few minutes were a shaky, nervous blur. My head snapped round to the man pulling me towards the stage as I heard the words "please welcome my next guest, Niall Horan, everybody!" and the crowd began to cheer. He pushed me through the doors and I walked down onto the small stage. I hugged the slender woman and sat down in the chair opposite her. 

"Welcome to the show, Niall." she greeted with a smile.

"Thanks for having me here!" I raised my eyebrows back, not quite believing I was there at all. 

"It's our pleasure, you see, I had to get my producers to get you on my show because... Well, have you seen what people are saying about me and you online?" she leaned in to me from her chair with a friendly smirk on her face.

"Um.. No, I can't say that I have.... What have they been saying?" my voice grew worried as she sat back with a giggle. 

"Niall, they think I'm your long lost mother!" she laughed. My stomach turned. For a moment, I thought she was taking a dig at me, for not being close with my mum. But then a photo of me appeared on the big screen behind us, placed next to a photo of her. The resemblance between us was amazing. She looked more like my mum than my mum did! I laughed loudly, rolling back into my chair with my hands on my stomach, as it was beginning to hurt from the laughter. 

"That's brilliant." I wiped the tear of laughter from my eye and sat back up. "You never know, maybe you are my mother. What a plot twist!" 

"I think I'd know if I'd had a child... I've heard it hurts a little... I don't know, I think I'd notice." she shrugged, sending the crowd into fits of laughter again. Out of all the interviews I'd done through this tour, which wasn't many, this was definitely going to be my favourite.