"Are you ready, Chloe?" He asked, not looking up from his phone. He didn't notice Chase. I looked at Chase to see he was standing straight and glaring at Liam.

"Uh," I said and not knowing what to do.

Liam looked up and saw Chase standing there. He slipped his phone in his pocket and came in my room. "Who are you?" Liam asked and narrowed his eyes at him.

"I'm Chase. You are?" Chase asked. Liam looked at me and raised his eyebrow, but didn't say anything.

He looked back at Chase and smiled. "Liam."

That was all it took for an expression to change. Chase looked darkly at Liam and nodded. I saw his jaws clenched. He turned his gaze and stared at me with an unreadable expression when Liam came in between his view and raised both his eyebrow.

"You're the neighbour, huh?"

"Yeah," he replied, shortly.

"Okay. We'll meet later, definitely," Liam said and turned to me. "Let's go."

I nodded. Liam turned and went downstairs. I turned to Chase and gave him small smile. "I'll see you later?" He nodded and I went down.

We went to the cafe I work and talked about his life in college. He told me about his flings, but one girl seems to catch his attention. The problem is that the girl whose name is Lisa, thinks that my brother is a player and is using her. Well, she is right about being player, but this time I think he sincerely likes Lisa. I warned him that if he says he likes her and broke her heart, I'll kill him, personally. He ensured me that he seriously likes her, so I gave him the tricks to impress her when he goes back.

Now we were walking back home when he asked the question. "Chase?"

I sighed. "Tell me what you want to know?"

"Everything that has happened in your life until now." He demanded. Well, he has a reason why he wants to twist all the questions he asks. Basically, he means he wants to know what happened in my life from the time he went to college till now.

So I told him everything. From everything, I mean everything. From the time Chase because my neighbour. That we already met in New York. He knows Emma. All the prank with the guys along with description. I also told him that I really liked Chase and what all the problems are. Panic attacks and everything.

Once I was done there was silence, before Liam broke it. "So you like Chase, but you think he likes Emma?" I nodded. "What makes you think that he likes Emma?"

"It wasn't hard. They used to spend a lot of time together in New York. Always talking, having fun. It became quite obvious, not that I mind. It's Emma after all," I said and looked down.

"Maybe they're together for a complete different reason, you think they were for." he pointed out. "Maybe they weren't together because they like each other. Maybe they had a reason."

"What do you mean?" I'm confused. They like each other or maybe Chase did, that's why they were together. What could be the other reason? It doesn't make sense.

"That's for you to find out," Liam said. It feels like Liam knows something I don't. Am I that oblivious? "So I assume that he doesn't know that I'm your brother?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulder. "He should. I mean I have talked about you in front of him, but every time I do, his face is blank."

"Explains the cold glare," Liam muttered under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing. Come on, let's go home. I want talk to mom and dad," he said and we went home.