Suffice to say, when Lauren had quite literally collided unexpected with Camila on her own doorstep, early to her party, she barely knew how to react. If someone were to tell her a week ago that she would almost be locking lips with her lifetime crush at her own New Years Eve party while the girl actually flirted with her, Lauren would have either laughed in their face or punched them.

* * *

The game just kept going. Neither would slip up or relent.

It didn't take long before the two girls were downing a shot each time the card left their lips. By her sixth shot, Lauren was considerably impressed. She had built a decent tolerance over the several years of almost endless partying and recognised that the slight buzz she was feeling would be threefold for the smaller girl in front of her.

Camila was determined, though. She would not lose to the likes of Jauregui and be then subjected to the arrogant boasting the older girl would no doubt make over the win. She could already feel the alcohol coursing through her system and addling her brain as she threw back another shot.

Seven.

Shit.

Camila was well aware that seven was her number. Anything beyond that and she would be completely drunk. It didn't seem like her nemises was adversely affected by the numerous shots they had each downed, which further frustrated Camila.

"What's with the frown, cupcake? Finally realising you can't win?" Lauren teased, before moving in to literally steal Camila's breath away. Camila was increasingly noticing Lauren's effortless beauty and grace, her mind constantly getting distracted in her almost drunken state. It didn't help that Lauren's beauty was constantly flaunted in Camila's face and her scent was pervading her every other sense. Camila observed Lauren smoothly throw another shot back with an enviable ease.

As Lauren moved in once again, Camila felt a compulsive urge to drop the card and wrap her lips around her neighbours, to softly ease her tongue between those shapely lips. She wanted to taste Lauren, explore the cavern of her mouth and be transported to another world through the the girl's incredible eyes. She caught herself, shocked and embarrassed by the stream of thoughts running rampant through her mind. With the first shot downed, she didn't even notice when someone mentioned increasing the shot number.

Another shot glass was in her hand before she could process anything, and she mindlessly tossed the burning liquor down her throat. Her mind had shamelessly wandered back to the gorgeous girl in front of her, whose hypnotizing eyes were watching her with a sexy expression graced upon her features. Camila's filter had been essentially tossed aside with those final two shots, and she could barely tear her eyes away from the exquisite creature nearing her. There was a nagging feeling in the back of her mind hinting at the wrong direction of her thoughts, but logic had taken the back-bench as instinct invaded.

The girl was close now – close enough to here the breathy "Damn!" that escaped Camila's lips. Camila was practically eye-fucking the girl before her.

Meanwhile Lauren was unsure how to act or proceed. Camila was acting strange toward her, causing a torrent of emotions in the already emotionally crippled girl. She had heard the omission escape the younger's lips and wasn't sure how to process it. Trying her best to ignore the obvious sparks flying between them, Lauren's face approached Camila's. The smaller girl seemed to become increasingly agitated as Lauren neared, licking her plump lips several times while her eyes darted between Lauren's eyes and her hidden mouth.

Camila's thoughts were so scrambled, she couldn't form a single coherent thought other than praise for Lauren's obvious beauty. Just as their lips indirectly met once again, Camila's thought's mindlessly became heated whispered words.

"Holy shit, you are so beautiful! And sexy. And... fuck me..." her eyes lazily trailed up, her jaw slackened in astounded arousal. "Yes please!"

Lauren's own jaw had dropped, the card slipping away and completely forgotten. Her shock was as palpable as Camila' obliviousness when their lips met.

Fireworks exploded.

Their lips melded together perfectly, and they each moaned against the other's mouth. It was only a fraction of a second before Lauren's brain caught up with her.

Fuck!

She pulled away suddenly, Camila audibly protesting at the loss of contact and trying to reconnect their lips. The logical part of Camila's mind slowly caught up, before she realised just whom she was kissing. Lauren watched Camila's expression change, a million expressions crossing her face far too fast for Lauren to keep up with.

"W-? What – " Camila attempted to ask.

"Sorry, Camz. You're damn drunk. It's just some stupid game anyway. The kiss, it was just part of the game," Lauren shrugged nonchalantly as the hurricane within her spun out of control, "meant nothing."

"O-oh..." Camila said awkwardly, feeling slightly dejected at Lauren's blatant rejection. Surely she wasn't that  bad of a kisser. She immediately shirked off any disappointment as soon as her brain caught up with the rest of her and reminded herself exactly WHOM she had just kissed. But not quick enough for Lauren not to catch her initial reaction. If Lauren didn't know any better, she would have said that the smaller girl seemed disappointed. But she quickly dismissed it, placing the observation in the wishful thinking draw of her brain as she reminded herself of the unattainable.