"Well I happen to be on the board young man," He says, "I've heard a lot about you, you've done some fantastic campaigns this past year."

"Thank you," I smile, my eyes darting across the room as I see a flash of red, "But I couldn't do any of it without my amazing editing partner," I lock eyes with her and beckon her over to me. Her eyes grow wide and she picks up her champagne glass and hurries over to me, "This is my amazing girlfriend, Jess Lawson."

She smiles, reaching to shake the man's hand and I can see the tiniest bit of panic in her eyes. She leans back into me and I wrap an arm around her waist to steady her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Lawson, I believe I heard Lexington talking about a big publishing deal you landed a few weeks ago."

"Yes sir," She breathes shakily, "Me and Harry both did actually."

He looks between us and smiles, laughing as he turns to Lex who has reappeared, his eyes even glossier than the last time I saw him.

"These are good kids Lex," He says, patting Lex on the back, "You've got a good team here."

Lex smiles, eyeing us both and I feel Jess place her hand on my shoulder as she looks up at me. I turn to meet her eyes and she smiles excitedly.

"I know they are," Lex grins, "They're the best I've got."

The rest of the night goes on the same way. I shake hands with countless board members and everyone seems to like me at least a little bit. Soon enough we're toasting to Eliza and Vance and everyone is wishing them the best and piling in their cars to go home. We offer to help Eliza cleanup afterwards and she refuses at first, but Jess won't take no for an answer. She starts putting food away and washing up the dishes despite Eliza's insistence that she's fine.

"What can I do to help, Eliza?" I ask her, looking around.

"You can help Jess with the dishes I suppose, but you should be hanging out with the boys in the living room, they're watching The Giants play Tennessee."

"Dishes sound great," I smile, squeezing past her to the sink, "I've never been much of a fan of football anyways."

I bump my hip against Jess' as I slide in next to her at the sink. She laughs, continuing to wash the large stainless steel pot in her soapy hands. I set my drink down and grab the drying rag.

"You wash, and I'll dry?" I suggest, picking up one of the wet wine glasses and getting to work.

"Sounds good, Styles." She grins, moving onto a large crystal platter.

I finish drying the rest of the glasses and decide to take advantage of Jess being rather concentrated while washing the incredibly fragile crystal goblets. I roll the towel up between my hands and snap it at the back of her thighs, visible in her short red dress. She shrieks instantly, turning around to slap my arm as I start rolling the towel back up again.

"Harry!" She screams, reaching for the towel but I hold it high above my head.

She turns around, grabbing the spray bottle behind her and starts squirting it at me. I hit her with the towel a few more times as she shrieks, drenching my shirt. She finally grabs the towel, trying to yank it from my hands but I use it as leverage instead and spin her around, pulling her into my chest. She meets my eyes, her hair now damp from the spray bottle and sticking to her forehead. She's laughing, her face set into a giddy smile as she leans up on her toes and presses her lips to mine just as she yanks the towel one last time and frees it from my grip. Dammit, distraction at its finest.

"Jess, no!" I shout, jumping backwards as she starts rolling it up and coming towards me.

"You're done for, Styles." She laughs, running forwards and snapping my back with the towel.