5 * SHE SAID * 5

HARRY

As soon as I walk in, I recognize her, sitting there, next to him. She looks just as magnificent as she had the night I first saw her. A royal blue shirt hanging off one shoulder, her deep red hair cascading down her back. She's beautiful and I'm desperate to get under her skin.

Her eyes meet mine as I look up to scan the auditorium, but she looks away all too fast. My eyes never leave hers as I march up the steps with a very particular destination in mind.

I sit down beside her and give her my best witty remark. She ignores me, her gorgeous brown eyes rolling as they always do towards me. I laugh and carry on teasing her and eventually she takes the bait, letting me get a bit of a rise out of her.

"You, Jess, are something else." I laugh, leaning back in my chair and propping my hands behind my head to piss her off even more.

I keep quiet for the rest of the presentation, my eyes darting to look at her every so often. She continues whispering to him, giggling and passing small notes between their chairs. I have no idea how they manage to read them in the dark of the auditorium.

Eventually Mrs. Dante dismisses us and all too quickly she is out of her seat and following Miles to the exit. As if I needed another reason to hate the son of a bitch.

I stand from my seat, ignoring Mrs. Dante's calling of my name to speak with me about my tardiness and follow her right out the door. God she's gorgeous. She's speaking to Miles just outside the door where everyone else is filtering out to their next classes. You can hear the smile in her voice as she brushes her hair off her shoulder and holds her textbook closely to her chest.

I can't believe the nerve of him as he leans forward, balancing himself on the rock pillar beside her, so obviously flirting with her right in front of me.

"Oh, hey there, Miles!" I fake smile, slinging my arm around his shoulder and jostling him about.

"Harry? What are you-"

"Were you not planning on introducing me to your friend here?" I ask, cutting off his stuttering mess of a sentence.

"Sadly we've already met." Jess huffs, adjusting the placement of her book in her arms and rolling her eyes.

"Oh, is that so?" I taunt her, shoving Miles out of the way and claiming his position leaning against the pillar, "care to remind me how that went down, darling?"

She narrows her eyes at me and I'm hit with a wave of de ja vu from the first night I met her. But today, I have the upper hand. She's speechless standing in front of me, her signature pout puckering her lips and those golden-brown eyes trained on mine.

"If I do remember correctly, you were an absolute dick." She challenges.

"Well if I remember correctly, you agreed to go to dinner with me." I smirk, taking a step closer to her, causing her to stumble backwards.

"In your dreams," She huffs, grabbing Miles's hand and tugging him towards her, "come on Miles, we're leaving."

Her eyes don't leave mine for quite some time, her eyebrows drawn, and her eyes narrowed perfectly. She's flustered without a comeback, dragging Miles out of the confrontation with her to make a grand exit but of course I could never let her win that easily.

"You bet dollface," I chuckle, watching her go before turning back the other way, "I'll see you then."

As soon as I turn around, I feel her eyes on me, burning into the back of my skull. My skin comes alive with livid hair on the back of my neck and goosebumps covering my body. I glance over my shoulder, wondering if she'd still be staring to catch one more glimpse of her golden-brown eyes. When my eyes meet hers, I send her a wink and she jumps, quickly looking around to play it off as if she hadn't meant to lock eyes with me again. As I watch her walk away my mind is already working to conjure up more ways I can get under her skin.