I have to wonder why Kid refuses to listen. Stories are what shape the world. Some are true stories, others are ones with great morals behind them.

Well, to be honest, the stories of Titan and Morgana aren't stories with morals. They're just...stories.

But a true tale it is.

Connor and I trudged through the front door talking about the books we were given, and we almost didn't see the ghostly figure sprawled out along the steps. He wasn't wearing his tux anymore, he had taken that off, surprisingly. But he wasn't wearing pajamas either. Simple casual wear, orange tee, black buttoned shirt with buttons undone, and black cargo pants. 

He just laid there like a dead animal. I was almost tempted to get a stick and poke it. Unfortunately, Connor bet me to it, going back outside and bringing in a meter long stick he just so happens to find.

"Kid..." Connor called quietly. The beast didn't move. I couldn't even tell if he was breathing at this point.

"Kid." He said a little louder, and that's when the poking came in. 

The reaper shuffled onto it's side and stared at Connor who sat a few steps above him. 

His eyes are beyond bloodshot, I'd say. If he wasn't dead before, I'd say he's close to it. Whether he's eaten or been drinking enough water escapes my mind. Who knows what he's had in the last four days. 

I hate to admit it, but his vase needs to be fixed. I'm beginning to miss the Kid that gives me a reason to torment his life. In his sorry state, messing up picture frames and furniture doesn't seem all that fun.

Kid groaned and pushed himself up off the stairs. His slender body moved towards the couch and then plonked itself deep into the couch.

"Vase...symmetry...gotta fix...but can't...how...fix...fix...fix!" he rambled on to himself.

His brain is fried!

Connor stood from the stairs throwing the stick out of the still wide open front door. He closed it and then looked up to the second floor.

"He can't keep going on like this," he sighed. "He's practically the living dead." 

I checked the time, realising that it's past midnight. The girls are asleep, and Kid is preoccupied with his thoughts. If I had to act, now would be the perfect time.

"Vase...fix...how...fix...vase...can't..how..." Kid continued on. The words came out in a hurried breath, and played over and over like a broken record.

Connor pulled my sleeve. I placed the books beside Kid on the table, and followed Connor. Instead of heading to our room, Connor took a detour and went inside Kid's room. He pointed to the shards.

"What?" I asked.

"You know what." he said back.

"N-no way. I'm not doing anything." I protested. He sighed and ran a hand through his blonde strands. 

"Come on, Samantha. You weren't this cruel back at home."

"Yes, but I never had to deal with a spoilt little reaper."

Connor gave me a look. I wanted to help. He knows I want to help. I could help right now, the only ones awake and in their right mind is us. 

"You're right." I gave in. I slumped down onto my knees and picked up the pieces beginning to join them together like a puzzle piece. Connor watched me intensely, soon sitting down and picking up pieces as well.

Once we found which pieces fit together, it was time for me to take control.

Kid's P.O.V: