Chapter 31: The Tunnel

Author's Note: Can I just say that I love you all so much? As of Saturday, August 17th, 2013, at 11:14 PM, PREGNANT IN THE GAMES WAS IN THE TOP TEN TEEN FICTIONS!!!! Thank you all so much! We did it!

Talon's POV:

Gale, Rayne and I sat in the desert-like climate. Gale and I were still catching our breaths a little bit; we had run for a long way. Rayne is just now waking up and is shaking like crazy. Gale his hugging her. I don't know if she's cold or scared. Probably both. 

"Well, that was completely useless," Gale said after a long period of silence. "We didn't find the entrance and now we're all at risk for hypothermia." 

"Useless?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "That was far from useless, Gale. Don't you see what just happened?"

"Um..." 

"That girl was just standing there for a reason. She was guarding the entrance! She was probably allied with Blaze. It was her job to make sure we didn't get into that entrance. Now that she's gone, we should go back and search for it. I'm sure it's there," I said. 

"You really still think the entrance is there?" Rayne asked, speaking for the first time since she woke up. 

"It has to be. I feel it," I replied. 

Gale took a deep breath. "Okay. We'll go back. But not today, alright? Let's just stay here for the rest of the day and get completely warmed up. We'll go in the morning."

"What if Willow isn't alive in the morning?" I snapped. I'm getting impatient. I know the entrance to the chasm is there. We just need to get in it. 

"Blaze won't kill Willow," Rayne said. "Willow is her leverage. Plus, if she wanted to kill Willow, don't you think she would've done it by now?"

Rayne had a point, but it didn't make me feel any better. I hate sitting still, completely idle, while Willow could be tortured and harmed. However, I'm not ready to go back into the cold climate. I'm still freezing. So reluctantly, I agree, laying down in the dry grass. 

In the morning, we left the comfort of the desert-like climate. That place has always been Hell in the past, since it's so hot and dry. But when you take a dip in ice cold water, you kinda want to stay in a hot, dry place forever. 

I hated going back into the cold climate. This place sucks! It's absolutely freezing. It's hard to stay here for more than ten minutes. We have to walk on the ice to get to the other side of the glacier, which is annoying and scary. Each step, I'm tensing, afraid of the ice collapsing again. 

When we finally reach the other side of the glacier, we find that the ice has frozen over again. The little pool we accidentally created last night is once again a sheet of ice. I drop to my knees and knock on the ice. The ice seems to be just as thick as the rest of it. There's no sign that the ice ever caved in. 

"Nice one, Gamemakers," I muttered, standing back up again and looking around. "Come on. Let's search for this entrance."

It didn't take very long for me to find the entrance. I walked over to where the guard has been standing and scanned my eyes over the ground. I started tossing equipment and tools aside, to see the ground underneath. Sure enough, there was a hole in the ground. It was made out of dirt, but encased in ice. The hole was easily big enough for me to slip through. 

"Hey guys, I found something!" I called out. Rayne and Gale came running over. 

"Do you think this hole is the entrance?" Gale asked. 

"Well, probably. Where's that rope?"

Rayne got the rope out of one of the backpacks. I tied the rope tightly around my waist and handed the other end to Gale. "Keep a hold of this. Just in case I want to come back out. I don't want to get stuck down here."