Chapter 6: The Scores

I woke up to a bright light and a swarm of people around me. The first face I could see was Talon's. I could see the concern in his eyes. Beside him I could see the crazy District 1 tribute, Chris. She seemed genuinely concerned, too. Probably just trying to secure an alliance so she can slit my throat in my sleep. The next faces that I saw were Katniss', Peeta's and Haymitch's. Why are they in here? Mentors aren't allowed to be there for the training.

"We've got eyes," called out a voice. I recognized it as the doctor who told me the gender of my baby. 

"Get away from me, Chris," I muttered, my voice very audible, but I was heard. Chris frowned and floated away, sulking. Talon had a frown on his face, too. Clearly he wants to ally with her. Haymitch had a big grin on his face. Peeta seemed to be stifling a chuckle, but Katniss still looked very concerned.

"Can you get up?" Katniss asked me. I nodded. Suddenly, five pairs of arms were touching me, hauling me up anyway that they could. With a little bit of effort, I was standing once again. 

"We told you to stay with Talon," Haymitch scolded me, although he still had the smile on his face. 

"Chris and him were catching up. I thought that I would give them some privacy," I replied, with a bite of annoyance in my voice. I looked over at Talon, who wouldn't make eye contact with me.

"He wouldn't have let you go on that rope course," Katniss said. "When we asked you to stay with him, we really meant it. We don't want you to hurt yourself or your baby."

"My baby and I are both going to hurt," I snapped. I was tired of everyone treating me like some fragile piece of glass art work. "I mine as well get used to it. I am not going to be spending all of my training time learning things that I already learned in 12. I would much rather just go through and get a little stronger." 

"From now on, stay with Talon. Seriously. You can do the physical courses, but if Talon says you need to get off, then you need to get off," Katniss replied.

I sighed and nodded. I didn't like it, but if it would get them off of my back, then I guess I'll do it. I can always just do push ups in my room or something. 

"She seems to be alright. Just a bit of exhaustion, that's all," The doctor said. "Don't do anything more  physical training today. If you feel faint, stop whatever you are doing and come see me, permission or no permission. You understand?" The flaming eyes of the doctor pierced into my eyes. 

I nodded and she walked away. Peeta leaned in for a hug. I hugged him, something that I've gotten used to doing, but soon realized that this was more than a hug.

"What does that Chris girl want?" Peeta whispered in my ear, trying to hide the exchange.

"She wants to ally, but I don't trust her. She's a Career, she's very strange and if I let my guard down, she'll stab me in the back. Literally," I replied. 

"I'll discuss it with Katniss and the District 1 mentor. We can't rule her out. If someone is willing to help and we can develope some trust, then we will take the help. See you tonight," He kissed me in the cheek, grabbed Katniss' hand, and left. Haymitch gave me one more farewell nod and followed behind Peeta and Katniss. It wasn't until now that I realized that most of the tributes were staring at us. I made eye contact with the female District 4 and gave her a glare. Her eyes widened and she instantly turned around, going back to her station. Everyone else followed her lead.

"You would think they had never seen a passed out pregnant girl before," I said to Talon. After I spoke, I realized that they probably hadn't seen a passed out pregnant girl, but that didn't give them any reason to stare. Talon laughed and grabbed my wrist.