y u lyin to me :'(
1:35

I'm not.
1:35

You always type shortcuts or use text slang when you're lying to me via internet. You've been spacing out a lot lately, you've been distant, not paying attention in class, and you've been disappearing a lot. Rin's worried, I'm worried, and even Neru admitted straight out that she's worried. Seriously, something's up. You can tell me, I'll help you whatever it is.

1:36

Kaito was using correct spelling and set the joking aside. He was serious. Len bit his lip as he typed his reply. He could've just put his phone down and walked away, but he didn't. He felt like he should at least not make Kaito worry and assure him that he was alright, even though he was far from it.

Fine. There's this girl I really like and we've been seeing each other a lot. Happy? You're not worried anymore? Good. I'm going to bed, I'm tired, g'night.

1:36

He shut his phone off and set it back on the table. He'd wasted a lot of time already. Sighing and running his hand through his hair, he opened his drawer. Digging through all the stuff that was messily thrown in it, he dug until he found what he wanted. A syringe wrapped in a baby blue cloth. Taking out the syringe and wetting the cloth with a small bottle containing some kind of drug that should quickly knock someone out, he sighed shakily before tiptoeing out of his room.

Luckily, his mother was still at work by now, which meant she wasn't home yet. Len opened the door to Rin's room and watched her sleeping, peaceful form for a moment. His grip tightened on the syringe as he went forward.

He didn't want to do this.

He put the cloth over her nose and mouth.

He really didn't want to do this.

She woke up and began to struggle, her eyes never once landing on him, since she was facing the opposite direction.

He'd give anything not to do this.

She stopped struggling.

But if it meant shielding Rin from harm, he'd do anything.

He pulled the cloth away and put it in the sweatshirt's pocket. Taking the syringe, he knelt down and stuck it in Rin's arm. He winced, and began to extract. However, the thing he was extracting wasn't blood.

Light, icy blue liquid pooled in the syringe, lighting the room just a small bit. Once it was nearly full and he was sure that was all, he pulled away. "I'm sorry, Rinny," He whispered. A tear escaped from his eye and he wiped it away. He leaned down and kissed her cheek. "Please forgive me. I love you."

He closed the bedroom door quietly behind him, his hands trembling so badly he was afraid that he'd drop the syringe and the contents would spill all over the floor. He walked to his room and sat down, closing his eyes and rubbing his temples. From sneaking into certain places, eavesdropping, lying to the cops and other significant people, he'd done it within two weeks and the task that he had just done was the hardest of them all because it was the last and most dangerous one he had to do to ensure her safety.

Len Kagamine has always yearned for an adventure, for something extraordinary to happen in his dull, mundane life. But now that he's gotten a tiny taste of it, he no longer wanted it. He'd rather have a cliche and boring life than none at all.

"Deep breath, Len," He told himself. "Calm down. You've got...about 15 minutes left...c'mon, pull yourself together..." Inhaling and exhaling deeply, he finally got a grip. He opened his eyes and stood up. He glanced at the mirror and gazed at himself. Will it work? He thought somewhat uncertainly. He shook his head lightly. Don't think of that yet, Len. It'll happen when it happens. They shouldn't be able to tell.