Chapt 12

Len
"Holy..." Len muttered, trailing off as he stared at the sword IA held. "Holy...shit..." Len was rarely awed or amazed at something so much that his mind went completely blank. The single-bladed sword was strange, to say the least. The blade was pure black, seemingly made of obsidian, but the very bottom and top of the blade were blood red, but they didn't reach the middle and instead seemed to extinguish itself not far from their roots. From the edge of the blade on both sides were two strangely light, icy blue lines ('veins' seemed like a better description) that came and met at the middle then traveled upward, then eventually stopped when the blue was about to meet the red. The hilt was silver, and one part on the left side seemed to almost curl around the sword. Around the end of the hilt, the silver seemed to fade into an icy blue, much like the veins on the sword.

Len's hands twitched to hold it, at least once. It's been so long since he's held a sword. It may have been sick, but even though he'd killed so many with a sword, he's come to enjoy handling them. Maybe he really was a psychopath. Or maybe I'm just rubbing off on you! Rei happily said. Len nearly scoffed out loud.

I thought I banished you...or whatever. He silently said. Rei snickered.

You did, but I came back. Besides, I know you secretly love me!

No. I hate you. Rei giggled.

You just think you hate me-

No, I really fucking hate you. Screw off. Len replied as he shoved Rei back into his imprisonment. Or, tried to, at least. Rei was pushing back, surprisingly.

Let me finish, you god damn inconsiderate, self-loathing, sizzlin' hot piece of ass! Rei roared. Len scowled.

Why the fuck am I always surrounded by gay-ass people?! Fuck my life, He internally complained. Still, though, he knew he shouldn't be, but he was slightly curious as to what Rei wanted to say. He stopped trying to push him back just for a minute.

Anyways, so you totally love me, it's just deep, deep, deep, deep, really deep down! Yeah. Also, that sword... Rei's voice became quieter at the last part and Len brought his attention to it once again.

What about it? Len asked.

I suspect that it may be something I've heard of as a child, but I'm not quite sure. Go and get information on it. Let me stay to see and I'll explain, yeah? Len evaluated this for a moment before replying.

How do I know I can trust you? He could practically hear Rei throwing up his probably non-existent hands and rolling his eyes.

Dammit, Len, buddy! We've been together for nearly half a year, I thought we were as tight as two peas in a po-

You tried taking over my body and nearly killed me in the process. That's not friendship, dumbass. Len replied, sourly. Rei was quiet for a moment.

Well...I guess. You have a pretty sweet bod and one of the best asses ever. Can you really blame me for trying to possess you? Rei said. Getting off topic, here. Just let me see if it's what I think it is and I'll leave you to stew in...I dunno, angst, I guess. Len paused for a minute before replying.

Fine. Just shut up. He grumbled back. Rei was quiet, taking his instructions seriously. Len, slightly grateful for the quiet, turned his attention back to IA, who was grinning.

"You like?" She said. Len stared at the sword, but nodded dumbly anyways.

"Yeah...where'd you get it?" He asked. The sword looked valuable and he doubted IA had the money to buy it. It definitely didn't look like a normal sword, either. IA shrugged.