Chapter 4

Rin
I let out a muffled scream as the knife went speeding towards my chest. Only, it never came. I opened my eyes a crack to find another person's hand firmly grabbing onto my attackers wrist. My attacker turned pale. "My, it's been a while since I last saw you, Jacob." A familiar voice said coolly. 'Jacob' dropped the knife and turned around, looking at...Len? 

He gulped. "Well, if it ain't the legend in person. You know you three idiots did a lot of damage back there?" He said, plastering a sneer onto his face. Len just shrugged.

"Oh? I never noticed," Len said sarcastically. I blinked and looked at Len; the hell was he talking about? Damage? Three idiots? I knew that Len was an idiot, but he was with two others on whatever they did? "Might I ask, what are you doing to my sister and Ms. Hatsune?" Jacob snickered nervously.

"Just havin' a little fun, y'know?" He said. His eyes flicked to the blonde man who was getting a gun out. My eyes widened, and I glanced at Len with frantic eyes, struggling to break free. Miku also struggled to get lose with no progress. I bit the man's hand so hard that I tasted the metallic tang of blood. He cursed and withdrew his hand immediately.

"Len! Behind you he has a gu-" I was cut off by the sound of a gunshot, and to my horror, I realized that the man who held the gun had already fired a short directed toward Len. I felt my heart sink as I processed this. However, what I thought would happen didn't.

Instead, Len just sidestepped, thankfully not getting shot, and set his steely gaze on the man who fired the gun.  The guy's eyes widened and the gun shook in his hand before the man just seemingly dropped it, although his shocked and horrified expression said otherwise. "I-It..." He whimpered before he looked at Len with fearful eyes.

"Y-You..." He started again before trailing off.

"I what?" Len asked, raising his eyebrows. The man holding me smirked.

"Aye, how's the Gumi of yours doing? Is she here? Or did you just escape without her and leave her to rot back in Blackport?" He sneered. Len froze, then his eyes turned from bored and slightly annoyed to menacing and full of rage. He turned fully toward the man and a look so dark and angered was present on his face that it even made me scared.

"You're very lucky that we have an audience here, so be grateful." Len growled. "But as long as we're dealing with low blows here, I wonder how Austin's doing? Last I saw him, he didn't really get my point all the way through." I blinked. Was that a joke or something? The man didn't think it was funny. He growled and let go of me suddenly, shoving me away, eyes full of bloodlust.

"You brat!" He roared as he tried to stab Len's shoulder. Len just simply dodged it, as if it were nothing. The man growled and threw a punch towards Len, who was still nonchalantly staring at him. He ducked and took the opportunity to punch Jacob in the gut. Jacob let out a small gasp, and Len also took that opportunity to take Jacob's face and slam it into his knee before throwing him harshly off to the side. The blonde man holding Miku stared at Len with wide eyes, filled with both anger and fear.

Blondie let out a yell and charged towards Len and tried stabbing him with the dagger he held. Len stepped back each time Blondie swung, which seemed to infuriate him more. He let out a yell. Len sighed boredly as he ducked yet another swipe.

"Damn it, you idiots don't know when to quit do you?" He said. "I'm pretty damn tired and I just wanna go home, so can you guys, like, fuck off and retreat to the pit where you crawled out of? I'm not really in a fighting mood today." I held Ritsu close as I wrapped my arm around a trembling Miku. Was Len trying to negotiate with people who are trying to kill him? I watched as Len was a little too slow in dodging the knife and ended up getting cut on his left arm.