Trouble

You were bad news
But I was no better.

I woke up feeling really happy,I mean Tyler have been my everything in just weeks,he is just so amazing.

I took a cold shower and sang to the words of "Blank Space"by Taylor Swift.
I used my favorite strawberry shampoo and my favorite body wash.

I got out of the shower and saw a message on my phone from Tyler:
Tight hugs,long conversations, sweet dreams,warm smiles and tingly feelings are all I've been having since I met you.

My heart melted reading this and I must have been standing there for a long time because my mom called"you're late for school Jess".

I got dressed in a floral sundress with matching pumps and braided my hair to the side.
I'm smiling like an idiot because of the message and even thinking about it makes my heart leaps a thousand times.

I looked in the mirror and my smile faded,I will never be as pretty as her or smart enough either.
A single tear slipped and I saw a razor at the bottom of my box but I shook my head and closed the box,I'm done with that I  tried to reassure my myself.

I got my bag and went downstairs. My mom was cooking pancakes then said,"we want to meet this "friend" of yours."
"What's his name again Tiger"dad said sipping on his coffeel.
"Tyler,dad"I said.
I swallowed a lump I didn't know I was holding and said "ugh sure" I managed to choke out.
"Perfect"my mom said a little too happy "we'll meet him over dinner,unless he can't make it".
"No!"I half shouted "he'll make it".

"Great,dinner's at eight and make sure he's attired properly"my dad said rudely.

With that I walked out of the house and ran to Starbucks.

"Good morning, lovely" Tyler said.

"We need to talk now"I told him.

"Meet me out in the alley in ten minutes."

I sipped on my latte awaiting the arrival of Tyler.

"OK so what was so important that you had to drag me out of work."Tyler said.

"Myparentswantsyoutocome overfordinnertonight"I blurted,maybe a little too fast.

He gave me a confused look and told me"ugh you've got to say this slower, ok"

He was rubbing my back trying to calm me down and I said
"My parents wants you over for dinner tonight" I said really slow.

His smile faded and he was starting to get pale.

I was rubbing his back trying to get him out of the daze he's in so I sat in his lap and reassured him that everything would be fine.

I know that's a lie because my parents can be very judgemental and rude.

I sighed and said,"let us get you ready then".

He gave me another confused look and I just smiled.

"When does your shift ends?"I asked.

"It ends in five minutes,why?" Tyler asked, I just smiled,took his hands and walked towards my house.

I know I was taking a big risk ditching school but I have to get Tyler ready for this dinner and plus it wouldn't be the first anyway.

When we reached my house my parents already left for work so it was just gonna be me and Tyler, I was relieved because sometimes my mom would do work from home.

My parents were a workaholic, I mean with my mom being a lawyer and my dad being a professor they don't have much time for their daughter and when my sister died that made them work even more.
I do miss them though , sometimes I wonder what I have done to live such a lonely life.

But when I am around Tyler he completely fills that void.