Grounded

"Look who finally decided it was late enough to come home"my dad said.

"Honey where have you been?"my mom said .

"I'm sorry I didn't call I was at a friend's house, uhhh Ashley finishing up a project", I lied.

"Do you think we were born yesterday, its the first day back you don't start doing projects until the second week",my dad said angrily

"I-I..." I stuttered.

"Where were you?" Mom said "were you out with a boy?"she asked.
I saw my fathers jaw clenched,I couldn't tell them about Tyler they'll be so mad.

"You know what?, it doesn't even matter,cause your grounded,no car,nor bike you walk to school and come straight home you do your home work no laptop for a month,until you tell us where you were"he said.

My vision became blurry and I fighter back the tears.

"Hand over the keys",he said harshly.

I fished the keys from my dresser and hand it to him.

My parents walked out and my mom said"your sister would've never done this",she spat,leaving me alone and shutting the door behind them.

I went to my bed and I cried,cried because I am pressured every day to be like her and cried because they dont even understand or even care.

I'll never be the perfect daughter that they wanted.

I cried myself to sleep and thought about Tyler.

"Come on and watch me swim Lucy "I said.

"I can't I have to study"Lucy said"but I'll make it tonight though" she assured me.

I was next and she nor my parents was at my swim meet,I signed and decided to call Lucy.

"Where are you you promise you'd come" I shouted angrily at the phone and hang up and started crying.

They called my age group and when the gun was off I swam and while I swam,she died in a car crash because they were speeding to see me at my stupid swim meet.
My parents survived but nothing was the same since.

"You killed her"my mom said,"you killed the perfect daughter she got good grades, she did sports,had many friends and you killed her!"she shouted.
I cried and screamed.

I woke up as screaming, it was another nightmare,I get them occasionally but this time it was even more painful.

Morning

I woke up screaming from the nightmare I've had previously and last nights event came rushing back to me.

I looked at the time,7:00 that means I have one hour to get ready.
I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and the last tear rolled down my cheek.

I would never be good enough for them and took a long hot shower.
I washed my hair and brush my teeth then got out of the bathroom.

I took out my outfits which was a neon green crop top with black high waisted skinny jeans and black boots.I kept my makeup natural and went downstairs.

I saw my parents making pancakes and I just grabbed an apple and told them good bye.
I was in no mood for a conversation.

It was a fifteen minute walk to Starbucks and I saw Tyler and told him all that happened he said he'd call me later and I took my latte and left.

As I walked slowly into school Ashley one of those fake girls came up to me and asked"hey you look nice,why didn't you drive today,did something happen to your car"she asked pretending to be nice.

"That's none of your business " I said and speed off to my class.

I just couldn't deal with all that bullshit today,not now.