Chapter 30.5

England hadn't been expecting to be awoken by a sudden phone call in the middle of the night, so still asleep he picked up the receiver.

"Charlie, for the last bloody time-..."

Cutting off when he realized what he'd said, the British man felt a bitter sadness wash over him when America's voice responded over the receiver instead of his former capitals bemused laughter.

"Sorry for calling so late Arthur, but we might have a problem on our hands here. You remember the mirror you guys asked me to watch?"

Now very wide awake, England sat up in bed demanding.

"Oh course, what's wrong?!"

His never grated together at Alfred's nervous laugh, of course something had to go wrong with the mirror. Suddenly regretting leaving the mirrors guarding to America, England waited for the blond to explain what had gone wrong.

"The thing is... I sorta left it under the watch of one of my States without explaining the full meaning of the mirror. I didn't want to scare her after all... Ah anyway, she's been acting a little off ever since D.C. was poisoned.But Minnesota's always been a little bit off, so I wasn't too worried. But when I was dropping D.C. off at her house, she... she really wasn't herself. Yeah she likes to do accents but normally she's pretty bad at staying in character, and her British accent was too close to a certain strawberry blond who's supposed to be sealed inside a mirror. That combined with the sudden love of pink, and all the cupcakes filling the house. I kept trying to pass it off as nothing but nerves like normal, but when I was checking out the house just to be sure... Dude the mirror was sitting out in the open, uncovered, and you can't pass it off like it could have been a normal mirror. I spoke with Luciano, while he didn't say it flat out... I think Oliver found away out of the mirror."