Chapter 8

It was an about 3 am when the phone rang, groaning the blonde reached over to groggily pick it up after the fourth ring. Lifting it slowly to his head, he grumbled before saying in a very irritated half asleep voice.

"For the last time Charlie, I'm not going to bloody do anymore paper work until Monday. Bugger off, before I start blocking your calls..."

"Who's Charlie? England this is important I need your help."

Sitting up now rubbing his eyes, Arthur grumbled sleepily

"America... are you aware of what time it is here..."

"I know Iggy but this is really serious and I need your help."

"America you know I hate that nickname!"

The sleep instantly vanished from his eyes when Arthur said this

"...You need my help with something?"

"Yeah, you mentioned once before you knew an expert in deciphering poisons, or was it meanings behind carving in blades?"

England was very confused and a little concerned about the possible reasons behind this request. Never the less he answered

"I do know such a person, and yes he is an expect on various other subjects as well... What is all this about America?"

"..."

The silence on the other end lasted so long, England ponder hanging up believing the call had been cut off some how. But then in a very quiet and serious tone, America spoke.

"I need you to be honest with me England, answer this question with the truth you've never given me."

"WHAT THE HELL AMERICA!? WHEN HAVEN'T I BEEN HONEST WITH YOU!!!?"

England fumed, how dare this child ask such a question?! There was another long pause before America sighed on the other end.

"We don't have time for this right now England, just please answer this question honestly."

"Not until you explain why you think I've never been honest with you!"

Another sigh fallowed by a very dull tone

"Does this sound familiar, 'It's nothing Alfred, I'm just a little tired.'... how about 'Don't worry so much, I'll fix everything so just calm down.'"

"You were a child then America, was I supposed to talk about harsh battles, blood shed and politics around you. I was trying to protect you from all that for as long as I could-"

"Arthur... you don't realize your still avoiding the truth, I've grown up. You don't have to hide things from me anymore, I grew up to be your equal not to be treated like a child for the rest of my life."

"...When have I-"

"You have to let the past stay in the past England, there is nothing wrong with looking back to the past on occasion. But you can't live in the past, and I don't want to live the roll of the fool anymore England... We don't have time for this right now, here's the question. You didn't try to have D.C. killed at the last meeting, did you?"

"What the bloody hell, America!? Why would... is there a reason behind this question?"

"Yes or no..."

"No, I don't hate the boy I was still just trying to process what was and is going on right now."

"I'll explain later, right now I need your help. D.C. just arrived back home barely breathing and very weak a few hours ago, turns out someone tried to have him killed back in Italy. Poison, an unknown poison here, as well and the knife that was used to get in his blood stream is all I've got. I thought you could help me with that."

"If I had access to either items mentioned perhaps, but your there and not here America."

Laughing slightly, America said in an amused tone.

"Done, my flight lands in a few hours actually. If you could dig up that expert, we can get this party started."

"I can try, he's a little hard to track down. Especially when he's on holiday... "

"See you later then."

'Don't worry Sam, I'll find a way to fix this... just hold on till then.'

America thought after hanging up, the image of the comatose capital fresh in his mind. There wasn't that much time left the doctor had said, even if by some mirical the teen could even wake up. Being a personification of the capital he could pull through if things went well, but it was only a slim chance. Two weeks at most was the time Sam States had until fading, but America had done the impossible before he could do it again... hopefully.

(To be continued...)